My First Two Pano's & 1 Long Water Exposure (Relatively Large Pics)

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C & C is appreciated!

1)

2940254628_911909b972_o.jpg

2)

2940252788_8533fb18ac_o.jpg

3)

2939458907_5bc6169150_o.jpg

Thanks!

I love the pano. Great composition and the shadow in it works well with the picture.
The second one, personally doesnt do it much for me. Finally, in the third one the water seems a bit too soft, I would increase the shutter just a bit more to sharpen it up a little.

Love the first panoramic, great stiching, but the perspective distortion slightly ruins it. Either way, it's a great photo.

Second pano doesn't really turn me on. It looks pretty generic.

Third, love the water. Almost looks like mist. I can't decide whether I like it the way it is, or if the water should be sharper like A4Effort said.

Thanks for the comments, all. I think I got some shots of that same view with a faster shutter speed, I'll have to go back and look. In this specific case however, I was going for as much water blur as I could, hence the misty look to it.

Thanks!

awesome pics man, i love them. how do you do panos anyway? do you need a special lens, or do you just piece together different shots in post?

I like the 1st! The rest don't really do anything for me.

I really like the first one. The colours are perfect; you see every detail, but at the same time, it looks realistic. The second one isn't all that special in my eyes. Nothing particularly catches your attention, and the colours are a bit... well, woodland-ey.

Kudos BT. The first one we all seem to love more not because #2 is a bad pano but because #1 is very colorful. I think you did a great job on both panos. On #1, maybe you can try dodging the sky in the middle to see if you can even it up with the left and right side; or perhaps you can even burn the left and right to match up with the center.

I agree, the first shot(s) is great, but I have to admit I find the shadow just a tiny bit too strong, I would lighten it up about 5-10%.

Pano shots are pretty easy to pull off, as long as you have a tripod. Keys are to make sure your tripod is as level as possible, and that you overlap each shot you take by about 33% or so. I used the Automated -> Panorama (or something to that effect) function in Photoshop CS3.

Thanks for all the input everyone. After having looked at these shots again after being out for the day, I do agree with everyone else that I like #1 the best too. There really isn't too much to entertain the eye in the second one and the colors do run together somewhat.

I love the first shot! The third shot is also quite beautiful, I have to try this with my own camera. Although the second shot may seem "generic" it is still beautiful and has plenty of artistic merit for personal use.

Nice work.
When doing water shots, I'll usually do 3-5 with different shutter speeds just to compare and see what the differences are. I like the misty flow look though.

Most reactions

Back