Straight up, dude, if you're looking at your first wedding this way, you're not going to be in high demand in the future.
Your first outing won't be great, I'm guessing. It will be good, but not the work of a pro who's been doing it for twenty years. People are going to look around and realize they could have done a lot better for what they paid and they'll tell their friends and friends friends.
Show some modesty.
I don't know if I would agree. No offense but I've been at this for three months. I've got a job with news star, which is my news paper company. I beat several "PRO" who applied. I charge 3 grand for my starting wedding package and I've got seven wedding sessions booked. Every client I have ever had has loved their photos. Also, from every session I do I end up getting more clients off of people recommendations. I am only advertised by word of mouth.
I think that since I appeared money hungry, people want to hate. Thats fine. The fact is I'm not the best photographer, however, I charge more than every body but one in my city and people are choosing me over the "big names" in my town.
You want to "get back at me" and say your not going to get clients in the future, but you have no proof to say that. And all because I asked what other services I can charge for.
Asking what other services I can offer to make as much money as possible from my client is not a bad thing. What ever I do, I do it to the best that I can and most the time do it better than the people around me. Not always, but I try. I'll learn alot from this wedding. It want be the best, but I'll be able to make my customers happy with art and I'll most likely get more clients off of it. It has not failed me yet.
At three months most people would not have had seven people want them to do their wedding or got a job from there news paper The reason I do is because I have worked 12 hours a day at watching tutorials on photoshop from people on lynda.com. I read and read and read. It is obvious with my pictures. At three months people don't get the business I get.
My hard work has payed off and I am lucky enough to have five days out of the week booked with my clients. I have been very sucsessful for three months and will only get better and better with time. I sound arrogant, but I'm being portrayed as I can not handle such an event, and that is nonsense. If my skills were not up to par, i would have too look through my calender searching for a spot when someone messages me for a session. Again, am I the best, Hell no, but I'm good enough to make a nice living from shooting some people with a camera and thats enough for me.
SO if you want to hate, hate it up. If you want to help a money hungry 22 year old kid offer some more services, Freaking great, and thanks.