My first wedding coming up in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not getting this at all....

I'm asking for what else I can offer to make as much money as possible.
I am here to provide a service and help them get as much as possible, by doing that I need to see what else can I offer. Your statements helps me out

Do you get that. I'm asking what else I can offer, do you know of anything or not? Or are you on my thread for the heck of it. I'm confused why you are adding so many replies and none of the replies you are adding are answering what other services can I charge for or the other questions that I have in my original post.

If your going to keep responding, answer one of my questions. You can do it.

Straight up, dude, if you're looking at your first wedding this way, you're not going to be in high demand in the future.

Your first outing won't be great, I'm guessing. It will be good, but not the work of a pro who's been doing it for twenty years. People are going to look around and realize they could have done a lot better for what they paid and they'll tell their friends and friends friends.

Show some modesty.

The reason you aren't getting the replies you were looking for, is because you gave everybody a pretty bad impression of why you're asking in the first place.

Putting the presumed attitude you've portrayed aside.. a good place to start is with the professional printing company you've established a relationship with. They often have several things they offer that maybe you hadn't considered making a part of your packages. Another thing to consider is a simple videography service, in a personalized DvD case with your work on the cover. if you can get a second shooter to carry a video camera around. You're making so much money anyway, what's the cost of a decent pro-sumer camera or rental matter to you? ;)

Don't forget to keep documentation for tax purposes. The pro-lab isn't charging tax on their prints or other services because it's assumed that you include the necessary tax information to the state as a part of your buisiness.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
There are companies you can link your website to for plates, glasses, mugs, t-shirts for the wedding pictures, usually as a comission.
You usually get better results if you show couples the pictures and they order prints through you.
Take the engagement photos
Discounts for personal portraits from those of the wedding party.
Really this might be better posted in the business "shop talk" section where the experienced photogs can address this. You'll get this reaction in the beginners forum because without seeing your work we can only assume your quality is 3 months and to us with the same 3 months experience that is not wedding photgraphy quality.
Just my opinion.

Straight up, dude, if you're looking at your first wedding this way, you're not going to be in high demand in the future.

Your first outing won't be great, I'm guessing. It will be good, but not the work of a pro who's been doing it for twenty years. People are going to look around and realize they could have done a lot better for what they paid and they'll tell their friends and friends friends.

Show some modesty.

I don't know if I would agree. No offense but I've been at this for three months. I've got a job with news star, which is my news paper company. I beat several "PRO" who applied. I charge 3 grand for my starting wedding package and I've got seven wedding sessions booked. Every client I have ever had has loved their photos. Also, from every session I do I end up getting more clients off of people recommendations. I am only advertised by word of mouth.

I think that since I appeared money hungry, people want to hate. Thats fine. The fact is I'm not the best photographer, however, I charge more than every body but one in my city and people are choosing me over the "big names" in my town.

You want to "get back at me" and say your not going to get clients in the future, but you have no proof to say that. And all because I asked what other services I can charge for.

Asking what other services I can offer to make as much money as possible from my client is not a bad thing. What ever I do, I do it to the best that I can and most the time do it better than the people around me. Not always, but I try. I'll learn alot from this wedding. It want be the best, but I'll be able to make my customers happy with art and I'll most likely get more clients off of it. It has not failed me yet.

At three months most people would not have had seven people want them to do their wedding or got a job from there news paper The reason I do is because I have worked 12 hours a day at watching tutorials on photoshop from people on lynda.com. I read and read and read. It is obvious with my pictures. At three months people don't get the business I get.

My hard work has payed off and I am lucky enough to have five days out of the week booked with my clients. I have been very sucsessful for three months and will only get better and better with time. I sound arrogant, but I'm being portrayed as I can not handle such an event, and that is nonsense. If my skills were not up to par, i would have too look through my calender searching for a spot when someone messages me for a session. Again, am I the best, Hell no, but I'm good enough to make a nice living from shooting some people with a camera and thats enough for me.

SO if you want to hate, hate it up. If you want to help a money hungry 22 year old kid offer some more services, Freaking great, and thanks.

I expect people to say....

I make money from doing this and that.

I asked about how can I make more money. You are acting as though wanting to make as much money off of a client is a bad thing.

Business is about making as much money as possible. Photography is one of my passions. I want to make alot of money with it. There is nothing wrong with that. There may be to some people. Thats cool, but to me it is my business and just so happens that I like it too.

If I came across looking money hungry, I am. If you are not. Cool.

However me being money hungry or not being money hungry does not effect my picture taking skills. Practice and knowledge do.

Get yourself a dye sub printer and studio lights and a backdrop and shoot couples at the evening party, we charge £10 for an 9x6 mounted

Look at all the photos, Look at them good. For three months I'm pretty sure i'm better than 99% of the people who have been taking them for as long as I do.

I'm signed to a record label. I play 4 shows a month. the rest is used to learn learn learn.

It doesn't matter how many days or months someone has been doing something. It's how many hours of those day he spent practicing of studying.

I would like to see some of your guys work if you would like to post it.

Thanks for the ideas that have been mentioned so far too

Looking at your other posts you obviously need to learn to grasp constructive critisicm at the very least. To me you sound like some jackhole 22 year old punk. And for the record just because people are willing to pay your exorbitant prices does not make you that good. It just makes them foolish. Which is sometimes they case with people who think just because something costs more it is better.

Personally, it's not about what your work looks like. I do agree, that somebody with a talent can take great pictures early on, but that doesn't negate the fact that they will improve with experience.

I look at pictures I *LOVED* three months ago, and now I see soft focusses, over processing, and other flaws that really reallyyy ruin the shots for me. Even if other people *LOVED* the work.

That aside, your attitude is just as important as your work. It's good that you stand behind what you do with confidence, but there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance, which you came off as jumping wayyyyy to the other side of in this thread.

Look at all the photos, Look at them good. For three months I'm pretty sure i'm better than 99% of the people who have been taking them for as long as I do.

I'm signed to a record label. I play 4 shows a month. the rest is used to learn learn learn.

It doesn't matter how many days or months someone has been doing something. It's how many hours of those day he spent practicing of studying.

Oh and I call bull****. For someone who spends this many hours of the day studying you think you would know this eh.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/207695-what-f-stop.html

First of all, places will give a job to an amateur over a pro because they have to pay a pro like a pro and train him to do what they want. An amateur they can train and pay like an amateur.

The photos you posted were good. They weren't awesome, they were above average. Unfortunately (or fortunately for you) most people don't know dick about what makes a good photo.

You remind me a lot of a friend of mine who's a charter fisherman. If I had a dollar for every time he told me he's flat out for the next two months, or that he's filming a show for versus tv or that he's got this awesome trip lined up to Costa Rica and it didn't actually happen, I wouldn't be working right now.

Personally, with your attitude about money, I hope you fail. Why? Because I hate being screwed by arrogant people who don't realize that money isn't the only thing out there.

So, yes, I guess I am a hater.

Oh and I call bull****. For someone who spends this many hours of the day studying you think you would know this eh.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/207695-what-f-stop.html

Oh, snap.

I would like to see some of your guys work if you would like to post it.

You're a big boy, you can click on my flickr and look. The difference between me and you is that I don't try to sell myself as something I'm not. I know I've got tons of room for improvement. You're going out and charging like your a graduate of Hallmark.

Last edited:
First of all, I'm not sure Seth that you grasp how important weddings are to people. Unlike almost any other event, this one can't be redone if you bugger it up. I'm curious, how much insurance do you carry, and what contract provisions do you provide for lack of performance?

You may well be a talented photographer; my opinion, based on the images linked to earlier in this thread is that you're not quite at the $3000 mark yet, but if your customers say differently, that's what counts.

I'm also curious as to how much you know about weddings in general. Are you aware of the basic differences between types of ceremonies, and when the 'key' events normally happen in each? All of this to that in my opinion, you don't seem to have the maturity, knowledge, personal skills or experience to be sole record-keeper for the most important day in a couple's life.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may (and probably will) vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back