My first wedding coming up in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a thought while reading thru this thread.... I'd like to see a new "Smilie" icon ....... Something like.... a bucket of Sh+t, full of itself..

Any 'smilie' artists out there??

I wasn't going to post again but I can't resist.

You keep saying "newspaper, newspaper, newspaper." Has it never occurred to you that the vast majority of newspaper photos (with the exceptions like the Boston Globe's Big Picture) are of myspace level quality?

Also, wait until you meet a bride that's a bigger diva than you.

What happens when an immovable objects encounters an unstoppable force? Fireworks.

What if the roof on the church collapses in the sun is directly in your lens and you can't get it out.

What if your camera breaks and your back up one has coffee spilled on it.

There are alot of what ifs. I know how to work my camera and my flashes good enough to do a wedding. You may believe you may not.

But all this talk of photography being rocket science is non sense. It is one of the easiest ways to make money I have seen. No offense to you guys who are photographers. But if you use your time correct, not like we're all doing here you can prepare yourself for alot of situations.

If you are not bright, photography can be a huge challenge, but if you take it step by step and have the right tutorials, you can learn alot quick.

There are many phtography sites that are really legit with learning material.

Last edited:
Just had a thought while reading thru this thread.... I'd like to see a new "Smilie" icon ....... Something like.... a bucket of Sh+t, full of itself..

this one had me rolling on the ground! Seriously, i like this one:lol:

Can you believe this kid is doing weddings. People like his style and he's trying to go into business. What is he thinking.

People will pay him alot of money for his style and he's accepting it. What a nut.

Doesn't he know that photography takes years and years to get good at before you should a wedding. It is the most special day of the year for them

I just can not believe that someone wants you to do their special day and you do it for them. Even though you can deliver what is in your portfolio, you shouldn't shoot weddings. It is only for people who have shot wedding for years and years. Crazy nut, it has nothing to do with style and only if you've shot and know every terminology invented for the camera. You need to know the screws they use to make it.

You can shoot weddings.. That's not the issue.

In fact, posters have flat out said YES you can shoot weddings.

The issue is that you think you can do no wrong, you only care what people who love your work have to say, and you want to squeeze them dry for every penny you can get out of them

The issue is that you think you can do no wrong, you only care what people who love your work have to say, and you want to squeeze them dry for every penny you can get out of them
Who cares. If people are willing to spend 3k on a guy with average chops, then that is what he is worth to them.

OP is a money-hungry scumbag, but it is also the client's responsibility to do their homework in order to avoid douchebags like him.

You guys that frequently ***** about people undercutting the market should at least be happy he isn't doing that.

What if the roof on the church collapses in the sun is directly in your lens and you can't get it out.

What if your camera breaks and your back up one has coffee spilled on it.

There are alot of what ifs. I know how to work my camera and my flashes good enough to do a wedding. You may believe you may not.

But all this talk of photography being rocket science is non sense. It is one of the easiest ways to make money I have seen. No offense to you guys who are photographers. But if you use your time correct, not like we're all doing here you can prepare yourself for alot of situations.

If you are not bright, photography can be a huge challenge, but if you take it step by step and have the right tutorials, you can learn alot quick.

There are many phtography sites that are really legit with learning material.

To enlighten you, "doing weddings" is not any sort of photographic achievement. On the contrary.......

Are you trying to imply that he's full of sh*t? Oh, you're just saying that because of all of his client e-mails that he quoted have the same markedly bad grammar and sound like 13-year-olds. I'm certain those are the rich people he is talking about, and clearly not him making things up.;)

I tried to be nice. I tried to help and answer your original question, the one that you say everyone is ignoring. Here we are, you don't take any help anyone gives you and instead want to fight and fight and fight. I really hope that you are as successful as you say. I wish you the best of luck with your career. I'm mostly just stumped why someone with all of the answers is coming here to ask questions. You know everything, you already have clients begging for you. Go make money and quit wasting your time convincing us that you are a business wizard. If you're that good, have at it.

this one had me rolling on the ground! Seriously, i like this one:lol:

Can you believe this kid is doing weddings. People like his style and he's trying to go into business. What is he thinking.

People will pay him alot of money for his style and he's accepting it. What a nut.

Doesn't he know that photography takes years and years to get good at before you should a wedding. It is the most special day of the year for them

I just can not believe that someone wants you to do their special day and you do it for them. Even though you can deliver what is in your portfolio, you shouldn't shoot weddings. It is only for people who have shot wedding for years and years. Crazy nut, it has nothing to do with style and only if you've shot and know every terminology invented for the camera. You need to know the screws they use to make it.

You can shoot weddings.. That's not the issue.

In fact, posters have flat out said YES you can shoot weddings.

God I love your imput. Your anylitical skills are like no other. You have the ability to take a little information about someone and know what they are capable and know exactly how they think.

trust me I know I can do wrong. Every shoot I learn something. I am trying to squeeze every penny out of the wedding. People blow money on weddings like no other. If I can get enough change out of these first seven I might be able to get by for alittle bit when my business fails, like alot of you guys are claiming.

There is nothing wrong with seeing what you can offer. Rich people like buying things. I want to have alot of things for people to buy. I want to be a millionaire. it takes alot of money to do that, So any way I can get more is needed.

And I feel my art is worth what I charge. I go along with what the market says. If the markets say lower, your price I listen. I don't listen to people on forums who run a blog and now think they can tell people what to charge.

If you guys had advice about what I could charge for or services I would not be arguing.

From the very beginning we one of you girls have said something about I'm in it for the wrong motives and that just isn't correct. I'm in it for the money but also because I like shooting.

Who cares. If people are willing to spend 3k on a guy with average chops, then that is what he is worth to them.

OP is a money-hungry scumbag, but it is also the client's responsibility to do their homework in order to avoid douchebags like him.

You guys that frequently ***** about people undercutting the market should at least be happy he isn't doing that.

haha I'm money hungry scumbag, because I wan to offer more services and the market allows me charge this.

What i am is intelligent enough to know what I can charge in a market and have done a good job.

I would say thirty percent of people ignore me when I write back to them the price. I'm fine with that.

Learn some economy

Are you trying to imply that he's full of sh*t? Oh, you're just saying that because of all of his client e-mails that he quoted have the same markedly bad grammar and sound like 13-year-olds. I'm certain those are the rich people he is talking about, and clearly not him making things up.;)

I tried to be nice. I tried to help and answer your original question, the one that you say everyone is ignoring. Here we are, you don't take any help anyone gives you and instead want to fight and fight and fight. I really hope that you are as successful as you say. I wish you the best of luck with your career. I'm mostly just stumped why someone with all of the answers is coming here to ask questions. You know everything, you already have clients begging for you. Go make money and quit wasting your time convincing us that you are a business wizard. If you're that good, have at it.

Listen, I'm a business wizard!

I may have missed how you helped. what was your advice? I did take notice to some of the guys posting legit post

I could be making all of this up, no doubt. You do not have to believe me. My grammar is better when I'm talking to clients. Also, My clients grammar is horrible.

You know grammar has nothing to do with business. YOu don't need to be a wizard. Just know the basics, as I'm sure it's probably all you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back