My first wedding coming up in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 pages in, and several suggestions not to feed the troll, why am I jumping in on this thread...
Well, since you have been told about your attitude several times, I won't bother with that. I won't bother to suggest to you that treating people with respect and maybe a little kindness would get you much more advice than calling them names. I don't know how your wedding pictures will turn out and I won't even guess whether they will be great, bad, or somewhere in-between. I will say that by selling a cd of all of the images is going to make it VERY hard for you to sell other products. There is a thread in the General Shop Talk section going on about this very thing (not to mention a number of other threads on the same topic). If your customers have all of the images, they will think "what do we need that guy for?" and they will go to walmart and make their own mugs and things. Your job is to show them that you have quality products and things they can't get on their own. Can you design an album for them? Can you do a custom framed photo? Look at some of the major printers (I think someone else suggested this too but I'm too lazy to scroll back through and see who that was, sorry) and see what they have and determine what you think will really wow people. Some places have things like metal prints, canvas prints, photo jewelry, etc. etc. The fact that you are confident in your work is great. Just consider that approaching people with a better attitude will ultimately help YOU. There are a lot of intelligent, skilled, successful photographers on this forum and you would be wise to be treat them well if you want to get more advice and assistance.

Just opened my email to this... of course it could be fake, but it isn't

I love the pictures of the Mannings.....wondering if you can make us look that good....~ha......anywho....how do I sch'd with ya and what are the prices.
Thanks.

ohh myy gahh! i absolutely love yalls picutres! they are so different and unique! :)) i was just wondering how much yall charge?

hey guys...
justin and i are coming in town next weekend and i was wondering how much it would be for yall to do a couple pics for me. i really dont want like a full session or anything.. just enough to get one or two good images to use on my website. i dont really even need high res files or prints... just rights to use a web ready image. so.. what ya think? would yall do something like that?
thanks,
melissa

when you say maybe I should slow down or I'm going to fail. Think.... how many people emailed me today saying they want my service. I ony say that because you guys talk about being pro and all that jazz. I'm no pro but I get as many clients as one.

It's about being clever and finding out what is going to sell. It's way more than what gear and what is a right photo. It's finding out what people want. Not the correct vignett or bokeh.

If you've just started out, approach photography as a business and make good business decisions and you'll succeed. Don't let people tell you it takes years. Have a good contract.

I'm done, for now, I might be attracted by something interesting later.

hate away

Well, for one thing I can see how you can get away with your atrocious grammar.

Dude, seeing what you've done, I could do the same stuff with $700 worth of gear. The difference is that I would never, in good conscience, charge people any kind of real money for it. Why? Because YOU'RE NOT THAT GOOD.

What would y'all charge for pictures of me and chad? My parent's anniversary is coming up and they would love that. I would really just have to talk chad into it.

Then this

It sounds as though you are more concerned about what everybody else thinks of you and your work than you are with actually improving and being self critical.

ben what it does say is

there is a group of people out there and enough to allow me to live a decent life off of a hobby.

Thats saying alot, alot more than you saying it isn't that good, because when it comes down to, it is good enough because people want me enough to pay it and when it comes down to it how can you decide if its to much. well people want pay it. if the price is worth it than people will pay it.

Now ben, how long have you been shooting and do you have people lined up book you. If not, I can understand you lack confidence in your art. Also, if you tried to put that price figure on your work the public would laugh like these members on here are laughing at me.

THe good thing is the public isn't laughing at me and there booking me. Got to love photoshop

Last edited:

Absolutely nothing. I was photographing my cousin doing a make-a-wish skydive.

He's dying of cancer you raging c*ock bag. You'd probably charge his father $1000 because it gets you closer to your D700. Instead I did it for the chance to see the enjoyment on his father and mother's face.

I never said I was good. I just said you're an greedy *sshole.

ben what it does say is

English, motherf*ucker, do you speak it?

This thread needs some kind of award for utter ridiculousness.

If all you want is praise and money thrown at you and your photography more power to you.

If you want to improve and learn from the experience of others, you might like to stop covering your eyes and ears shouting "na na na neener neener I'm not listening!"

Troll-icon.png
:whip::whip::whip::whip:
you've been given suggestions and completely ignored them in order to argue, you've been asked to show pictures and it took others to post some. This is a troll thread and should be stopped if not locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back