My flash against the sun.....

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I was excited to get a chance to mess about with my new flash. Ive never used one with TTL before, and it was pretty exciting! I have never minded full manual in the studio/ inside, but I've never felt motivated enough to test it out doors.

Im not gonna lie, I felt a little spoiled to be shooting without having to think about the settings! Ultimately I am pretty happy with the way things came together, and I am sure I will be even more thrilled when I am able to add some TTL triggers into my kit and move it off camera.

These were mostly just quick test shots, but I would still appreciate C&C especially on the post processing.

1) Iso 100, 105mm f5 1/160 flash in TTL with a small softbox attached, sun behind
18657727949_170abb44b4_z.jpg

2) Iso 100, 105mm f5.6 1/160 flash in TTL with a small softbox attached, sun behind
18838738312_b000057fbb_z.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the 1980's Jazzie!!! TTL flash control...Woooo-hoooo!

That looks pretty darn good to me! I can't wait to see your photos in a few months! :)

That's perfect. I was born in the 80's!
Someone's cruisin' for a ban-inatin'!!! :irked:
????? :headscratch:
I've got socks older'n you!
I'd love to know what brand! Do they still make them? I can't seem to go 3 months without wearing holes in mine.... :giggle:
8415-21-920-3705, SOCKS, COLD WEATHER, GREY WOOL.
Ah, wool! I tried to buy wool sox this year but they ended up being a blend. *eyeroll* it's getting harder and harder to come across 100% natural fiber clothing. :-(
Those look really good. I never even thought to use my TTL out side and on camera. I'll have to give it a go.

Thank you! I've tried it a few times with the popup flash on my NEX 7 but it just wasn't strong enough so I gave up long ago! Glad I decided to try again.

If you give it a shot and post your results- tag me so I don't miss them!

You have done a good job, I have to ask...have you altered their eyes at all in photoshop?...

Most reactions

Back