My little boy at the pumpkin farm

allison_dcp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just couldnt wait to get some photos of my son to start Fall! It was challenging b/c my husband was competing for pictures with his Iphone:grumpy:.....I was not very happy about that fact. These were taken with my Canon EOS 20D and 50mm lens. I am constantly looking for ways to improve my photos so any and all advice is welcome:)
(1 & 2= 2.8/f ISO 100 1/400sec.)1 $IMG_8263 -1.jpg2$IMG_8266 -1.jpg
(3-5= 4/f ISO100 1/250sec)3$IMG_8292 -1.jpg4$IMG_8320 -1.jpg5$IMG_8325 -1.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_8325 -1.jpg
    $IMG_8325 -1.jpg
    796.3 KB · Views: 126
I changed the last photo b/c after posting it I realized it needed to be a bit warmer....

They're not bad; I would definitely think about some selective saturation increases. These look like typical 'cloudy day shots' and suffer from the rather bland, flat lighting that you get. Watch things like the cropped finger-tips in #1. Again, this monitor isn't the best, but it appears that the focus around his eyes in some may be a tad soft.

Cute kid, cute backdrop! The first thing that popped out at me were his eyes. The camera is very clearly at eye level, however most of the shots the little guy is looking about 2 feet higher.

My guess is that "Dad" was prompting a smile and caused him to keep his attention on him.

#3 is the best of the bunch. He's looking at you, not the cheerleader behind you.

The last one is my pick of the litter

They're not bad; I would definitely think about some selective saturation increases. These look like typical 'cloudy day shots' and suffer from the rather bland, flat lighting that you get. Watch things like the cropped finger-tips in #1. Again, this monitor isn't the best, but it appears that the focus around his eyes in some may be a tad soft.
Thanks for your input:), I agree with the saturation. I'll have to try that a little bit. It was cloudy.

Keep an eye on your backgrounds, three of the images have a pole growing out of your son's head where a simple step or two to the right would keep the composition you wanted but not have the pole where it's at.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back