My Photographies

trommie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, im relativly new to the photography scene, do it for the enjoyment.
chasing feedback on my pics, the good, the bad and the worst as long as its constructive :)
thanks in advance

Gear im currently using: (until i can afford more)
Canon 50D
70-200 L4 Lens

Last edited:
Hey all,
I am an automotive fanatic, so am very keen to shoot racing of any sort.
I have only shot at two events so far, and my biggest problem is that due to the movement of the vehicle, my pictures dont come out very sharp.
the only way i can have them sharp is to have a very fast shutter speed, but this means the cars dont look as though they are moving due to the wheels not being blurred as is the case with the slower shutter speed.
so my question is, how do i accomplish the sharpness of this:

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/745/stevesskylinebytravishi.jpg

My shots currently look something like this: i understand the lighting has to do with it, but i could only shoot from the places i was given.
IMG_1440.jpg

As you can see, iv tried to slow the shutter down to get the wheel spinning effect, but it return i get a very unsharp vehicle.

some more:
White balance issues on the car?
IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

Last edited:
i would use a shutter speed of around 1/60 on shutter priority in af-c / spot meetering and select a point for focus

hey can you gus help me? i m new to photography , do some time editing for fun, but want to purchase a good camera so need your help what camera i mean brand n model will be good? i have budget of $500

thanks for the help, ill try it out.

i was told that the top picture was shot in Apeture priority with a fairly slow shutter speed, low iso and panned?

thanks for the help, ill try it out.

i was told that the top picture was shot in Apeture priority with a fairly slow shutter speed, low iso and panned?

I would say not, it is probably taken at about 1/40 from a car driving parallel, but it is not a great shot not that sharp
Set your camera to shutter priority at about 1/100 elbows tight to your side follow the car (don't shoot straight away) don't move the camera up or down and as smooth as possible follow through after the shot, once you get the hang of it you can start to drop your shutter speed
Here's one shot at 1/30
191657329_hCVW2-L.jpg

hey can you gus help me? i m new to photography , do some time editing for fun, but want to purchase a good camera so need your help what camera i mean brand n model will be good? i have budget of $500

you make your own thread yet?
try that.

If you're looking to get that effect, as sort of mentioned above, practice panning the camera. Follow a subject keeping it in the frame. As you get better with it, start using the focus pressed halfway. The idea is to try and keep the subject in the same parts of the frame as you pan, AND the car moves in the same direction. The end result is a motion blurred background with an in focus subject.

As you get better, slowly drop shutter speeds till you get the effect you're going for.

Action photographers use this technique all the time.

thanks for the advise.
using a single leg tripod would be ideal for this yes? to keep the camera steady?
and any particular metering i should be using for it?

LOVE number 1. Great shot. And who doesnt like an EVO...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back