What's new

My portfolio

Deli

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guy I just wanted to share so of my work. What do you guys think?
Guevara's Photography
I'm sorry I didn't post them here(pics) but there was to many. Thanks for looking.






Thanks-Deli
 
Ummm... depends. If you're using this just to show off your images, fine. If you're using this as the stepping-stone to a commercial 'site, not so fine. Since you refer to it as a 'Portfolio', I'll assume the latter.

The good: Your 'site is simple and clean, it loads quickly, and isn't filled with adds, pop-ups or other garbage. Your images have some clever poses and interesting compositions.

The Not So Good: Your 'site tells me nothing about you other than a name and a gmail contact address. You need to sell yourself; extoll your experience and your qualifications. Tell people how much they're going to have to pay for your services and what they get for that. Even more important, where are you?? If I come across your website, and like your work, only to find out that you're a thousand miles a way, I'm going to be annoyed. Conversely, you might be right down the street, but I skip you because I don't know that.

The Even Less Good: A photographer's website should showcase his best work. Many of the images I see here suffer from serious technical issues. Missed focus, poor exposure, or lack of post-processing.

Summary: I think you've got a good eye, and the makings of a good photographer, but based on what I'm seeing here, not convinced that you yet have the skills to make it in the commercial arena. If I were you, I would try and find some local photographers to shadow/second-shoot for to gain more technical skill and experience.

Good luck - just my $00.02 worth, your mileage may vary.

~John
 
Thanks Tirediron for the advise :) I'm using the site for both portfolio and stepping-stone. I guess I'm going to update the info page on the site. I'm going to take your advise and look for some local photographers and see if I could follow them, when they go for a shoot.

Thanks-Deli
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom