My sister wants in on this. :)

I,for one, would rather see a "real world" model than the anorexic waifs that are portrayed as the ideal body type.

As to her comfort, she knew the job was dangerous when she took it!

I agree with J.Ed. There is nothing "chubby" about the model here. I much prefer to see normal looking models vs. stick figures. Very impressive work by your sister in law. And very impressive modeling abilities kathi! A girl of hidden talents, I see. My favorites are #1 and #3. I also like the piercing eyes in #4. Excellent series. :)

NJ

I agree with J.Ed. There is nothing "chubby" about the model here. I much prefer to see normal looking models vs. stick figures. Very impressive work by your sister in law. And very impressive modeling abilities kathi! A girl of hidden talents, I see. My favorites are #1 and #3. I also like the piercing eyes in #4. Excellent series. :)

NJ

Haha thanks. I won't be doing that again any time soon. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be but the bugbites - woo! And it's embarassing or something for me BUT I thought if I am going to be taking pictures of people, what better way to know how to direct someone than to put yourself in that position? KWIM?

She did do well! Much better than my first portraits!

First of all.....YOU ARE A HOTTIE!!!
Secondly, the shots are very very good.
Last-Gotta be careful with partnerships, especially with family. Make sure all the money is split, and I'm talking out of pocket stuff.
But overall, the images are very well done, and if you can luck out an make a partnership work, your life will be much easier.

I'm one of the thick ones, didn't catch on that you were the model. DUH!
I agree with elsapet...you ARE a Hottie!!

First of all.....YOU ARE A HOTTIE!!!
Secondly, the shots are very very good.
Last-Gotta be careful with partnerships, especially with family. Make sure all the money is split, and I'm talking out of pocket stuff.
But overall, the images are very well done, and if you can luck out an make a partnership work, your life will be much easier.

Ha! You're silly. ;) But thank you. :)

And yes she did pretty well, we're going out again this weekend and she will help a lot and shoot some and since it won't be me in the pics I can help her more with composition, there were some I didn't show where she cut off toes, fingers and the top of my head.
And yes, the out of pocket stuff needs to be split too if we do this but I still am not sure how this will work. I think we can do it together but maybe just as a team not a partnership. Does that make any sense? She wants to shoot adults and I want to shoot kids. But we don't want to do two whole separate businesses. There's a lot to think about but I have a while... I don't exacly have people knocking down my door for photos now, y;know. ;)
Thanks for the comments!

I'm one of the thick ones, didn't catch on that you were the model. DUH!
I agree with elsapet...you ARE a Hottie!!

You all are making me blush. Stop that. ;)

You know what really boils my blood, when people say that they are chubby, when really its just a bad mental position on body image. Kathi, you are absolutely gorgeous, a great photographer, and like elsaspet said... A hottie. So grab some confidence, its free! PS === I love the composition, lighting and angelic sweet smile with such a picturesque background, and the seductive eyes with the mud in 4. Good job sis, My sis loves my photos too... I told her she could scrapbook them... HAHAHA

I agree--you are a "Hottie"-:hugs:

#3 is my fav hands down.

You know what really boils my blood, when people say that they are chubby, when really its just a bad mental position on body image. Kathi, you are absolutely gorgeous, a great photographer, and like elsaspet said... A hottie. So grab some confidence, its free! PS === I love the composition, lighting and angelic sweet smile with such a picturesque background, and the seductive eyes with the mud in 4. Good job sis, My sis loves my photos too... I told her she could scrapbook them... HAHAHA

Oops, didn't mean to boil your blood. ;) I've just really never been too comfortable with myself even since i was a little kid and usually a picture of me is either with a hand up in front of my face ot sticking my tongue out. Everyone gets irritated with me over it. It's just an annoying trait. :)
This past spring I lost 30 pounds but now I'm 'stuck' at the weight I am and it's frustrating, so I think I'm still self conscious.
Thanks for the comments, they mean a lot. I already knew this place was great for learning photography... never expected to gain confidence from it! :thumbup:

I agree--you are a "Hottie"-:hugs:

#3 is my fav hands down.

Thanks so much :blushing:. Number three is my favorite one as well. But that's mostly because I love the background... it looks like fairy land or something. :)

You have given me an idea.

How about a little kid doing this kind of dress trashing? Especially if they have a flower girl dress or something along those lines.

Any kid would LOVE to play in the mudd or a little creek and make a mess of themself.

Classic work. It is really important not to post photos by other photographers.

Love & Bass

Oh this I understand completely. However she has given me permission, as we worked as a team. She has no access to the internet and rather than signing up for an account just to post photos this one time, I did it for her.
Also I set up most of the shots and I set the camera for her. She learns through doing, not by reading so mme showing her the settings and why was helpful to her. Didn't mean to offend anyone by posting picks that were not my own... But she's a Radcliffe too and it seems like we have decided to do this together with her just for now helping until she gets more comfortable with composition. ;)
Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

You have given me an idea.

How about a little kid doing this kind of dress trashing? Especially if they have a flower girl dress or something along those lines.

Any kid would LOVE to play in the mudd or a little creek and make a mess of themself.

I have seen those before and they are totally awesome! Adorable - Go for it!
I'm going to do one with a nine year old girl but it'll be not so mean looking, more fairltale-like. I wanna see yours when you do them!

#1 and #3 are my favs.
I also really like the post in #6. It's very... delicate or something.
You're so gorgeous!

I love this new trend of trashing nice dresses!! I can't wait to do this with my best friend but we need a photographer first (anyone in edmonton or calgary? :) )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back