My sleeping daughter.

JAC526

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I got this shot this morning while my daughter was sleeping. My wife had wrapped her in a blanket and I decided it was a good moment to capture.

I cloned more blanket in the upper right of the shot. I'm not really super happy with the clone job. Any tips on how to improve the cloning would be greatly appreciated as well as any general critique on the photo.

I had my wife as my VAL holding a speedlight with a shoot thru umbrella. I had her basically hold it right above my daughter and a little camera right. Got is as close to her as possible. I shot it at ISO 50 f8 and 1/125th.

untitled-8255 by JChick526, on Flickr

Thanks for looking guys,

Joe

So cute! My daughter uses the same pacifier.

Those wubba nubs are a freaking godsend. I just wish someone had come up with a better name. I fell like such a fool going to the store asking for a "wubba nub."

Those wubba nubs are a freaking godsend. I just wish someone had come up with a better name. I fell like such a fool going to the store asking for a "wubba nub."

I didn't even know they were called that. My wife calls it a 'fooler', and the 1 year old calls it her 'foo-foo'.

what the lord? i thought they were called "soothies".

edit: on nm i see the wubba's are the ones with the animals attached... at least you didn't have to ask for a peepee teepee!

Google "Wubba-Nub." That is what they are called when I bought it from Buy Buy Baby in Cincinnati.

Nice sharpness, color, dof
A bit too bright for the situation, I think.

I think that the very front of the baby's face is darker than the side and thus the side pulls the eye.
I suggest lowering the brightness on everything but her face and then cropping in to remove some of the eye-catching blanket.
(The left elbow is clipped anyway) $8232018593_a3529fab96_beditlll.jpg
Clip the right a bit so it looks intentional.
(I cropped to standard dimension)

what the lord? i thought they were called "soothies".

edit: on nm i see the wubba's are the ones with the animals attached... at least you didn't have to ask for a peepee teepee!

Yeah you win....peepee teepee. That is just awful.

Thank you Lew. Those comments are exactly the type of thing I need to keep improving. I appreciate your input.

What do you think of this:

Re-Edit-8255 by JChick526, on Flickr

I'm impressed with the WB. Baby skin is so hard to get right, especially with her laying on a bright pink blanket.

I'm impressed with the WB. Baby skin is so hard to get right, especially with her laying on a bright pink blanket.

Hey thanks. TBH I used the dropper tool in LR 3 and sampled a white section of the blanket. The WB it gave looked really nice to my eye.

The shot was lit entirely with flash. So I started with daylight and then flash presets. Neither looked all that good. So I tried the dropper.

Your daughter has a lovely, darker complexion, so it is a bit easier for you ;) It's really fun when the top of their head is pink and the bottom is green. lol

Your daughter has a lovely, darker complexion, so it is a bit easier for you ;) It's really fun when the top of their head is pink and the bottom is green. lol

Yeah I'm pretty dark and swarthy. My wife however makes Casper look dark. She is like freakin porcelain. I think the baby turned out somewhere in between.

WB is one of those things I'm still working hard on getting right. Sometimes I feel good...others not so much.

It's definitely my biggest struggle, again mostly with babies.

Sounds like our family! He's dark, I'm pasty and baby is somewhere in between... tans like him, but usually pale like Momma!

It's definitely my biggest struggle, again mostly with babies.

Sounds like our family! He's dark, I'm pasty and baby is somewhere in between... tans like him, but usually pale like Momma!

At some point in time I need to suck it up and buy one of those Lastolite WB targets or a Expodisc and a Passport color checker.

I really hope she gets my skin but my wife's look. I would make one ugly girl.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back