Nature and wildlife photography gear, what do you have or want?

what brand of lens coat do you recommend and what is a good place to get it online, i do not know much abut them. maybe ill pick one up in the near future.

the annoying people not noticing you would be nice. i always have people asking how much does that camera cost or stop just to strike up a conversation about the lens and there not even into photography so it would be very nice in those regards. when wearing camo i feel that some animals are less likely to realize that your there, which could lead to getting a shot or two you normally would not have.
The options are very limited. Domestically there is pretty much only "Lenscoat" it is pretty much price controlled so it will be 90 for black or 100 for a camo pattern anywhere.

There are 2 UK companies I have bought from before. This one is OK, the neoprene is a little thin and doesn't have plastic windows over the switches. I think it would be about $80 shipped to the US.. Wildlife Watching Supplies C61 Neoprene lens and hood cover sets for Sigma

There is also this company that I had a one for my Tamron from. The neoprene is a little thicker and I think they have plastic windows over the switches.. Premier Lens Covers

I'd take an SURV--Sports Utility Recreational Vehicle. Drive it to whatever spot I want, sleep in it, cook/eat in it, step outside and instantly be in easy walking distance of birds and nature. Shoot all day, get a good night's sleep, then drive on to the next place. Or stay a week, or a month. All depends on how the shooting is going! (or what the beach is like...)
If I was a 1%er, I would buy you this with the truck of choice to pull it.

Now that is really cool!!:bouncingsmileys:

I'd take an SURV--Sports Utility Recreational Vehicle. Drive it to whatever spot I want, sleep in it, cook/eat in it, step outside and instantly be in easy walking distance of birds and nature. Shoot all day, get a good night's sleep, then drive on to the next place. Or stay a week, or a month. All depends on how the shooting is going! (or what the beach is like...)

Now that is really cool!!:bouncingsmileys:

I know. I thought more people would comment on it. The older I get, the more I dream of living tge rest of my life with something like that.

If you were a 1%er, I'd let you!! :cool:
And then I'd have to get something like this truck to haul it.

Haaaa, what a beautiful setup that would be. [emoji2]

Mossy Oak head to toe ,including snake boots . also carry a thermocell . A "Bug-Out bag " (Camo backpack) Filled with everything needed to stay in the woods for however long needed .

I've never heard of a Thermacell before, I looked them up and I have to get one! The bugs eat me alive in the summer!:aiwebs_016:
Thanks!:1219:

You don't want that truck, you want this 1946 Dodge Power Wagon!http://www.allpar.com/photos/dodge/trucks/power-wagon/power-wagon.jpg :allteeth:

Let's see. I do own a tripod, but I never use it except for running FoCal and occasionally backyard birds. Ravelli-APGL4 Pistol Grip. A big ol $60 and I've had it for 3 years now. Normally just leave it out back in the rain and snow. My pride and joy is the Rainbowimaging Quick Release Dual Camera strap that costs $12 and about 84 cents for a bolt and lock washer that I bolt to the tripod mount on the lens. Yes I carry my 500 F4 on a $12 strap every day. Not a big fan of fancy accessories..

Most of my Camo is Under Armour, that I have found either at Marshalls or the UA outlet about 5 miles from my house. Although my winter Jacket is a Field and Stream Max-5 from Dick's. I did splurge and got a pair of 11" Irish Setter Gunflint boots for $60 from Sierra Trading post a few weeks ago, Waterproof and 1000 Grams of Thinsulate. I also found a great pair of Camo Neoprene Gloves on Sierra Trading post, I think they are glacier bristol bay.

I don't really keep any of my gear in bags either. My Camera rides shotgun, ready to go.

Did you replace the click with a better one? I was looking at these and some of the reviews said that the clip breaks easily, has your caused a problem?

You don't want that truck, you want this 1946 Dodge Power Wagon!http://www.allpar.com/photos/dodge/trucks/power-wagon/power-wagon.jpg :allteeth:

Nah, that one isn't convertible...OR orange, which is the real deal breaker here. :D

Nah, that one isn't convertible...OR orange, which is the real deal breaker here. :D

Here is a 1953, all you need to do is paint it!:1247: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA3MVgxNjAw/z/rZ0AAOSwBahU262C/$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I want a Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle

Here is a 1953, all you need to do is paint it!:1247: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA3MVgxNjAw/z/rZ0AAOSwBahU262C/$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Now THAT's what I'm talking about it!

Hey, @JacaRanda -- When you get to that 1%er status, go ahead and throw one of these in the cart too. Please. Thank you. ;)

Oh, and some orange paint. I'm gonna need a LOT of orange paint. :lol:

Mossy Oak head to toe ,including snake boots . also carry a thermocell . A "Bug-Out bag " (Camo backpack) Filled with everything needed to stay in the woods for however long needed .

I've never heard of a Thermacell before, I looked them up and I have to get one! The bugs eat me alive in the summer!:aiwebs_016:
For Me, there isn't much difference in hunting and wildlife photography , except in photography I get to shoot them more than once .
You will only have to use a Thermocell once ,then you will never leave home without it .

For Me, there isn't much difference in hunting and wildlife photography , except in photography I get to shoot them more than once .
You will only have to use a Thermocell once ,then you will never leave home without it .

I will be getting one before next season! :)

I forgot to add that the best waterproofer for boots is Sno-seal, it works great!:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back