Need a little cheering up

Leonore, Lots and lots of hugs and good thoughts coming your way. :hug::

You only have to teach 4.5hrs a day? Your not teaching in the summer? They gave you Novocaine for your root canal? Wow, you have it made. Get well soon!

Bless your heart, Lenny!! I'd be stressing too about a root canal - really, is there ANY way to put a positive spin on that? :confused:

I'm glad to hear your semester from near-hell is almost over.... AND glad that the credit card thingy did not result in a hijacked bank account. At least I can spin those things for you!

And yes - you are a strong and talented woman who will get through tough days and still be able to think creatively. Not everyone can! So here is your hug: :hug:: If I was there, I'd say, Let's get drunk! And we'd party to get your mind off this other crap. :sun:

no_matter_how_tough_it_getsedited.jpg

Now go have a cafe-mocha-vodka-valium-latte and.................
relaxing_dog.jpg

Last edited:
Take it you arent prior marine corps eh?

Great big gigantic cyber hugs to you Lady L! How about throwing on a few Stern show classics? :) :) BABA BOOEY!!!!!!!

I have a new dentist. I told him that I had a root canal about 25 years ago. He said "The x-rays don't show that you had a root canal". Well I damn sure know I paid for one. :madass: Another dentist I no longer go to, recently told me that some coffee stains were cavities. I called BS and I was right.

Do not trust Gentle Dental in Mission Viejo, California on Marguerite!

Ah, good times, eh? :er:

I sure didn't like the pain, but I also sure do miss certain things about those days. My mother most of all.

I can't reach you from here for that hug so I'll send you a baby turtle, notice how he's hanging in there too ;)

Leonore, Lots and lots of hugs and good thoughts coming your way. :hug::

Thanks, Barb! :)

You only have to teach 4.5hrs a day? Your not teaching in the summer? They gave you Novocaine for your root canal? Wow, you have it made. Get well soon!

Oh yeah, people envy me every day of my life ;)

Bless your heart, Lenny!! I'd be stressing too about a root canal - really, is there ANY way to put a positive spin on that? :confused:

I'm glad to hear your semester from near-hell is almost over.... AND glad that the credit card thingy did not result in a hijacked bank account. At least I can spin those things for you!

And yes - you are a strong and talented woman who will get through tough days and still be able to think creatively. Not everyone can! So here is your hug: :hug:: If I was there, I'd say, Let's get drunk! And we'd party to get your mind off this other crap. :sun:

Thanks, Terri :lovey: If I didn't have to teach tomorrow, the drinking would have started in earnest today! But I'll give you a heads up and maybe we can synchronize the partying ;)

Now go have a cafe-mocha-vodka-valium-latte and.................
relaxing_dog.jpg

That's kind of what I did this afternoon! Apparently one vodka and Starbucks drink on an empty stomach plus leftover Novocaine means one long nap on the couch with two sleeping cats :)

Take it you arent prior marine corps eh?

Oh hell no. I did almost join the Army. Took the ASVAB and everything. Rocked it, too. Then decided that I'd be miserable in the military. I don't do so well with enforced conformity :)

But yes, I get stressed about things, but I also know how to suck it up and get things done. I just want a hug afterwards!

Great big gigantic cyber hugs to you Lady L! How about throwing on a few Stern show classics? :) :) BABA BOOEY!!!!!!!

I have a new dentist. I told him that I had a root canal about 25 years ago. He said "The x-rays don't show that you had a root canal". Well I damn sure know I paid for one. :madass: Another dentist I no longer go to, recently told me that some coffee stains were cavities. I called BS and I was right.

Do not trust Gentle Dental in Mission Viejo, California on Marguerite!

Baba Booey!! Howard Stern's penis! Hey, I could always look up Sour Shoes. He lives one town over from me. On second thought, that wouldn't cheer me up at all! I think I'll just stick to hearing him on the show. ;)

Sorry to hear about the mistaken root canal! That sucks. In my Evidence Law class this semester, the prof told about a case he had - a guy had an appendectomy and a year later, he was on vacation and had to go to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Turns out what they took out the first time was NOT his appendix but no one ever told him. Oops.

Ah, good times, eh? :er:

I sure didn't like the pain, but I also sure do miss certain things about those days. My mother most of all.

Sorry :( I miss my father.

Just lost my father a few weeks ago. But my teacher in third grade would tell me life goes on. It does but just different than before.

Honestly Leonore from all the things that you do it amazes me. Keep up the good work.

I can't reach you from here for that hug so I'll send you a baby turtle, notice how he's hanging in there too ;)

Oh thank you! I do so love a turtle :heart:

Just lost my father a few weeks ago. But my teacher in third grade would tell me life goes on. It does but just different than before.

Honestly Leonore from all the things that you do it amazes me. Keep up the good work.

What a sweet thing to say, thank you!
And I'm so sorry about your father :hugs: I lost mine almost 8 years ago. Life goes on and the wound won't always be fresh, but I am not sure if it ever quite heals.

And I'm finally putting this day and my ass to bed.

I have just one thing to say: You.Guys.ROCK. Seriously, y'all made this day so much better, so thank you!! :lovey:

I've got nothing. I need two cavities filled myself. Made the appt for late next week. So, I heard misery loves company, there ya go!!

OH!! I did just buy the new Photomatix Pro 5 software. If you were ever thinking about it, here is a coupon code to get you $15 bucks off!!!

TREYRATCLIFF

Get to feeling better soon!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back