Need help on buying new camera system

Oh yeah.. what would you suggest then ? ))
thank you for replay
I can't speak for 4k video. If you want a good stills camera that can do good video the 80d is a good choice, its well under budget and allows you buy a good set of lenses.

The d7200 is a nikon bargain that is a great imager (I have one of these), video is so so (in that it doesn't focus as good as canon and very little settings control

D7500 is basically a speed camera with flippy touchscreen and 4k - doubt you'd be sorry.

If you need 4k and good stills with loads of video options your probably better with the sony a6500 or maybe even the a6300

Problem is there are no bad cameras now really.

I still say if you can do without 4k buy a secondhand d800

isnt D800 kinda too old.. ? )))) and wish it a flippy screen..
wish the d7200 had a flip screen as well.. I dont the speed of the camera.. " sports " is not my main goal as I am not planing to shoot anything really fast action..

and again.. the 4k video is an optional.. great stills is my main goal .. for

isnt D800 kinda too old.. ? )))) and wish it a flippy screen..
wish the d7200 had a flip screen as well.. I dont the speed of the camera.. " sports " is not my main goal as I am not planing to shoot anything really fast action..

and again.. the 4k video is an optional.. great stills is my main goal .. for

OMG...the D800 is an astoundingly good imager...It's got a very,very,very amazing sensor in it. You can under-expose and create a black .NEF frame (.NEF is Nikon's raw image file format), then "lift" the shot up in software later byfive or six EV values, and create a workable picture; that feat is basically, impossible to do with Canon cameras of that era. If you want _great_ still image quality, the D800 delivers that in spades, for $795 to $1150 on the used market, all across the USA.

Apparently, the D800 shoots pretty good video as well... it was on that videophile's website as one of the best d-slrs for video a few years back. I've not shot any D800 video with mine.

THE D800 easily betters the 80D--because it has a much larger, better-technology sensor.In lower light or at higher ISO levels, a good full-frame sensor is much better than an APS-C sized sensor...Canon EOS 80D vs Nikon D7200 vs Nikon D800 | DxOMark

Note the 95 overall sensor performance metric of the D800. And note its low-light score of 2,853 as opposed to the 80D's low-light score of 1,135. Then, compare the D7200's overall,portrait,and landscape DR scores and see that while they are close to those of the D800, the low-light performance of an APS-C sensor that is admittedly very good, is vastly below what an "old" FX sensor D800 does.

Canon 80D vs Nikon D7200 vs D800.jpg

In conclusion from me: YOU are the person who will be using the new camera! YOU need to pick one out. Camera size and weight are big issues, in my experience, for many people. Some people want a small-body camera that's discreet and almost unnoticeable on the neck or shoulder, and the Fuji X-series cameras are that, plus they LOOK beautiful too. Canon Rebels and the smaller Nikon 5000-series models have flippy screens, the Nikon D7500 has a modified flip-screen; some people insist on a touch-sensitive rear LCD screen, which some cameras have and many do not have; it really boils down to what YOU happen to like, and what fits your budget. Hybrid mirrorless? Sony,Panny,Fuji. Compact or full-sized d-slr? Canon or Nikon are awesome.

But make no mistake: the full-frame Nikon D800 and D600 and D610 and D750 have _astoundingly_ clean images at higher ISO levels and in poor light; noticeably better than even the newest, best APS-C cameras, by sheer image sensor size advantages.

It's difficult for people to help you out when we don't know what it is that YOU assign the most priority to. My preferences, or ac12's preferences, or jaomul's preferences, or Gary A's preferences are all very different. I prefer the bigger optical viewfinder of the Nikon FX d-slr cameras; Gary A loves the Fuji's which are hybrid cameras, not d-slrs!; other people like the compactness and low-price of the Rebels and the Nikon 5400-type bodies; I myself do not shoot much in Live View, which is where the Canon 80D and its Dual Pixel AF is, according to dPreview, simply superb both in stills and in video; according to dPreview, the Nikon D7500's higher-spec'd AF system when shooting using the eye-lvevel viewfinder is much better than the 80D's AF system at following action; as you can see, there are a LOT of choices! Pluses of some cameras, minuses too!

I used to sell cameras at retail, across the counter. There's nothing like an in-store demo to help a buyer decide what he or she likes. If you can, definitely try to buy at retail, in-person. BestBuy in many cities has good choices of popular cameras. Pawn shops, KEH.com on-line, Adorama on-line, other stores are good for used cameras. Good luck!

I understand.. and thatnk you so much for all your help .. I know its hard for you guys to know what exactly I want.. but I do really like the help

and since im spending that much money on it.. and for me its a lot I would jsut love to get the best I can get for that amount of money...
now I have 3 more cameras to look at and think about..
Nikon D750
Nikon D810
Nikon D800

I wonder is they like for 2012.. .or something isn't that old.. and newwer cams might have better tech.. ?

I mentioned this website on another thread, but it's a good start. It allows you to compare the specs between cameras. Then find out what the members here think of them and read some reviews. Camera Decision - Compare Digital Cameras

Most reactions

New Topics

Back