New here.. check out my editing!

ashleyx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ashley-m.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure how many to post so I'll just pick a few. Let me know what ya think.

Don't be toooo mean though I'm just a newbie here. :D

First photo is of a band called Pierce The Veil. Taken and edited by me. I should add that, since this was saved, I have toned down the finished photo a little to make it less bright and colorful.
ptv.jpg

2nd is my friend Brittany. Taken and edited by me.
6198edit.jpg

3rd is myself and 2 friends taken by (my inspiration) Adam Elmakias and edited by me.
willana.jpg

Good editing work! I'm personally a fan of getting the shot as close as I possibly can to what I want in camera, because I'm not huge on spending hours in post, but I admire anybody with that kind of patience :)

As far as edited, ready to go work, it looks GREAT!

The actual photography does leave a little to be desired though... :greenpbl:

Good editing work! I'm personally a fan of getting the shot as close as I possibly can to what I want in camera, because I'm not huge on spending hours in post, but I admire anybody with that kind of patience :)

Thanks! Yeah most of the paid gigs I do are just light touch ups at the subjects request because it's all basic stuff. I shoot outdoors with strobes a lot so there's barely anything that would need to be edited. But I figured I'd post some of the pics that needed heavier edits here. :)

Overall great editing! However, I'm not sure why you have the light source inside your pictures.. It's giving a nasty white outline around your subjects, especially in #1. But the effect in #3 is great.:lol:

I'm not sure why you have the light source inside your pictures..

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Long night..

In your original photos, we can see your lighting...or some of it. I think thats what he was questioning.

Looks to me like you were using a fairly wide lens and were up close. Using a longer lens and getting further away will compress them down within that background and make them fit without having to clone out a bunch of stuff later on....assuming you have enough distance to use a long lens of course.

These look great! Although I do think the softer look of the unedited image for #2 is better for a portrait.

In your original photos, we can see your lighting...or some of it. I think thats what he was questioning.

Looks to me like you were using a fairly wide lens and were up close. Using a longer lens and getting further away will compress them down within that background and make them fit without having to clone out a bunch of stuff later on....assuming you have enough distance to use a long lens of course.

Aaah yes. For the first photo I had no space and no time. If I didn't shoot what I had I would miss the opportunity with the biggest band I've had a chance to shoot so far. I knew I could edit it however I wanted so I just went for it. I was also nervous as all heck. haha

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely have to try that out next time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back