New Photographer

I only like 5144. The rest are just blah whatevers snap shots.
Stick with the camera phone for now, or get a P&S to play with, and see if you improve your game.

I like the pictures. As others are saying, the pictures are good compositionally, but pretty terrible as far as quality goes. The cameras in phones these days actually aren't bad. I think where the quality is degrading is in your editing. A lot of them are over-processed - - and using terrible software to boot.

As far as a camera goes, a point and shoot for $50 will probably not be much of an upgrade. In fact, depending on how old your phone is and how old the used camera is, there is a chance it could be a DOWNgrade as far as camera quality goes. My first piece of advice would be to ditch the phone-based editing software - - or at least go a little lighter on it. I'd also spend the extra money and go with a DSLR rather than a point and shoot. You'll absolutely love it. The lenses CAN get very expensive, but there are plenty of cheap lenses out there that are great. It's going to be more to carry around, but it's worth it. Lightroom is great for basic editing and image management. You can buy it out right for $150 or you can subscribe to it for $10/month. The huge upside to the subscription is that you also get full blown Photoshop (I do not work for Adobe or anything!!).

Most reactions

Back