New to Photography - constructive criticism, please

ironman2284

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello I am new to the world of photography -- taking it seriously anyways. I have taken a couple of introduction to exposure and composition classes but nothing major. I just started shooting and editing but I'm looking for some feedback on some of my shots. Here are a few.

If this isn't the place to request feedback please point me to the right spot. Thanks.

Attachments

• _DSC0382.JPG
    _DSC0382.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 188
  • _DSC0361.JPG
    _DSC0361.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 157
  • _DSC0417.JPG
    _DSC0417.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
  • _DSC0423.JPG
    _DSC0423.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 157
  • _DSC0391.JPG
    _DSC0391.JPG
    872 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
My suggestion? Pick your favorite and ask for C&C on just one, rather than 5 - you'll get a lot more in-depth, meaningful results that way.

I like the shot from under the pier myself, but it seems a bit too heavily saturated for my tastes and it seems to be leaning a bit

Hi. Welcome! I like the first and third shots, your pov and the subject are well composed, IMO. I also like the color palette used but I agree that most of these are a bit over-saturated. The second one I'm not really sure what I'm looking at??? The fourth there really is no clearly defined subject with the horizon being at center - maybe some cropping to highlight those nice sun rays... That last one is a bit crooked, making the pier seem at a weird angle. If these are your first efforts in photography then bravo!

Beginners forum - Moderator Notice

But be aware double posting in multiple forums isn't allowed.
The moderators are likely to move the thread to the appropriate forum section.

Sorry KmH I hadn't read there... my apologies.

To the other commentators thank you very much for your feedback.

I will move over to the galleries

Most reactions

Back