What's new

New Vivitar Lenses????

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
45,715
Reaction score
14,785
Location
Victoria, BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While thumbing through a photo magazine, I glanced at one of the ads in the back and noticed was for new Vivitar lenses... There were three as I recall, an 85 1.4 for around $350, an 8mm fish-eye and a UWA. All were very inexpensive and branded as Vivitar; I thought they had died years ago. Does anyone know if that is the old Vivitar company producing again, another company who bought their name, or???

Of even greater interest, has anyone actually seen or tried any of these lenses?
 
AFAIK Vivitar has always rebranded other gear makers stuff, and never went away. Vivitar

I'm pretty sure the 8 mm fisheye and 85 mm f/1.4 is available with several different brand names, Bower being one, and are made in Korea by Samyang. They have gotten some pretty good reviews.
Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye - Review / Test Report

I don't know about the UWA.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Huh... whad'ya know? I hadn't heard 'Boo' from them in years. I thought they used to make some of their own stuff; I knew they rebranded a lot of flashes and other accessories, but I always thought that they actually had a lens plant.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom