New

gunmetalef

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I'm new to the board and just getting into photography. I'm looking into purchasing a Nikon D70s right now. It has taken an interest in me, I am not much of a photographer as of yet but here are some pictures i have taken. Feel free to critique them,
M.jpg
L.jpg
K.jpg
J.jpg
I.jpg
H.jpg
E.jpg
D.jpg
B.jpg

Some others,
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0365.jpg
IMG_0374.jpg
IMG_0378.jpg
DSC00498.jpg
IMG_1935.jpg

Well, you seem to have a good eye for seeing color and contrast. Welcome to TPF!

Yes, welcome to TPF! Those aren't bad at all for a beginner. You do have an eye for bright colors, which is great. All I suggest is that you work on your angles. I've found that the postion you have the subject in can always make the photo just a little bit better. Try moving to a different spot when you're photographing large things like cars and buildings, because centering everything isn't always the best effect. But overall, great job! I hope you like it here.

Thanks for the positive feedback, I really would like to learn a lot more about how to take shots and have found some great resources on the site. I will work on angle shots, but first i need to invest into a new camera.

Those are from Amsterdam, eh? Beautiful city, by those pictures.

The Ferrari Enzo is also quite nice.

I like them! It's easier to be a good photographer when you're in a really cool place! just kidding. Welcome, I like your eye.

Yes, welcome to TPF! Those aren't bad at all for a beginner. You do have an eye for bright colors, which is great. All I suggest is that you work on your angles. I've found that the postion you have the subject in can always make the photo just a little bit better. Try moving to a different spot when you're photographing large things like cars and buildings, because centering everything isn't always the best effect. But overall, great job! I hope you like it here.

Hi cherrymoose,
I am also a newbie to photography and also to the forum. I want through your photos on 'Flickr' and they are really good. The one which drew my attention was with the bird sitting on the branch, where the background if B&W and the bird is in colour. How have you achieved it? Is it much of 'rendering' in Photoshop to do this? Do you know of any tutorial how to 'render' photos to achieve that effect?

Cheers

Yes some of those pictures are from Amsterdam as well as Vienna.
The rest are from the city i live in, Oakville and Toronto, Ontario.

Welcome! Nice photos, but I have one slight critisism: you need to use faster exposures in the daytime, you've burnt out the sky in most of the daytime shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back