Listen, i am NEW to this all. I don't know about angles or anything else that has to do with photography BUT one thing i do know is, i search for the right forum that I felt most comfortable. i have been reading ALOT of thread within the last few weeks on this site and when i seen the description for the "beginners" i then felt like i could learn alot. i have maybe 4 posts after this one here and i feel like i wanna keep it that way. I never asked for C&C i just said "RANDOM PICTURES" "PLEASE feel free to throw some pointers" not scare me away.
Also i never once said that i was a "professional" even a blind person would agree.
P.S
IM A FEMALE for those who keep call me a "he" lol 
Well i apologize for being a bit hostile, the photos showed that you did try and do something with them so +1 to that, the DOF looks like it was practiced on, and it also seems like you tried to play with angles. I suggest you get yourself a photography book, so you really learn theins and outs of a d40 and so you can use it to take much better photos.
As for not being artistic, you do not know how many pictures you can take that look decent and you improve on your style by going to the woods.