Newborn Session... pick these apart!(C&C)

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my second newborn session and things went smoothly because the baby slept mainly though the whole thing! Anyways... please critique and don't hold back! It's the only way to learn and grow. I have trouble getting lighting right with a black backdrop which is why the photos with the black backdrop are in black and white. Any suggestions/tips?

5449285859_75d1635191.jpg

5449288313_c516c4ced7.jpg

5449287075_272b6d0b9f.jpg

5449285647_84b3b01de7.jpg

5449897904_89aed7fd52.jpg

5449286079_ede072f67f.jpg

5449897172_5e4d76066c_z.jpg

5449287293_2518b3cef9.jpg

5449896624_eb08fd83c5.jpg

Last edited:
not a fan of the grey carpet but you certainly had a cute subject and how the heck did you get number five.

not a fan of the grey carpet but you certainly had a cute subject and how the heck did you get number five.

It's actually 2 pictures merged together, the mother is holding the baby.. Cool huh!

And Sabrina, you're too good at these! Take pictures of something else:greenpbl:. From what I've read, taking pictures of baby skin is challenging, with that said, I think you did a great job. Maybe picture #1 with the lack of lighting on the baby's right eye makes it look... puffy? But other than that, the rest look great. I assume there were pictures of the baby's and mother's face?

LOL at grey carpet. Its a blanket! I got #5 easy! I just put him on his tummy and positioned his arms under his chin and held him there until he was balancing. This is the ONLY shot i got though. Because when i tried to do it again he wasn't having it..lol

It's actually 2 pictures merged together, the mother is holding the baby.. Cool huh!

And Sabrina, you're too good at these! Take pictures of something else:greenpbl:. From what I've read, taking pictures of baby skin is challenging, with that said, I think you did a great job. Maybe picture #1 with the lack of lighting on the baby's right eye makes it look... puffy? But other than that, the rest look great. I assume there were pictures of the baby's and mother's face?

I actually didn't have to do that! He balanced on his own. This shot was 100% authentic! Baby skin is challenging. Its easy to blow out.

YIKES!
I would so NOT suggest balancing a newborns head up like this! Holy CRAP! Mom let you do that?
Baby's have zero muscle tone in their neck, zero.

^ Yeah.. the safe way to do that is by taking multiple shots and combining them in Photoshop. Last thing you want to do when taking a client's photos is hurt an infant.

Nice photos though. #3's my favorite and #5's nice as well, but knowing how it was taken makes me cringe. The gray works for me since he's a boy.

YIKES!
I would so NOT suggest balancing a newborns head up like this! Holy CRAP! Mom let you do that?
Baby's have zero muscle tone in their neck, zero.

Yes... mom let me do it. she was spotting right next to him. Its really not that bad AT ALL! I just made sure he was balancing before I snapped the pic :wink:

Newborns are rubbery and head bobble a lot. They are resilient little gaffers, I am sure you took precautions like the mom spotting and this was probably a millesecond snap. Nice set Sabrina.

Absolutelt adorable, I'm a fan. I imagine the mom is excited with them also.
Not bad for second shoot.:thumbup:

Just sayin'...

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back