Next Camera?

unlimted budget...
:drool::drool::drool:

*chokes on own drool*

Murasaki said:
My budget is unlimited, so the cost of a camera and everything I need is nothing I have to worried about. I will not buy used, it is a rule that I live by.

I have been reading the Nikon Site in Japan and cannot decided what camera would be the best choice. I have been watching reviews on the Nikon Range and even they are all over the place. I read the D800 is great for detail because of the number of pixels, but at higher ISO it loses out badly because of noise and the colours, but the D4 is also very good and is great at high ISO and the D7000, but they all have their faults and this is what is making the choice hard.
"I will not buy used"
Well that is the most stupid rule i have heard of

"I will not buy used"
Well that is the most stupid rule i have heard of

When you come from a poor family in Australia in the 1970's and everything you ever had was from a 2nd hand shop, while every other kid in the street had new and they took the ★☆★☆ out of you for it .... Trust me when you work your *** off to make money and a new life, you never what to remember the rubbish of your childhood and you never want 2nd hand ever again.

d600 with a 24mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8 is a set up I drool over

Was going to ask about lenses later on .. but now I do not need to... Thanks .... They will work with the D800 and the D4 at a later date?

Was going to ask about lenses later on .. but now I do not need to... Thanks .... They will work with the D800 and the D4 at a later date?

Yes, any lens you get that is new will work with a D800 or D4.

Now to comment on buying used. There might be a point in buying used but in good condition when you refer to lens, especially lens no longer in production, some lens that are not made anymore will be superior in quality to the newer models or have different qualities that you would prefer. So don't bash on buying used, in some instances you want to buy used.

OK I will look in to that about the lenses.

OK I see the Wedding Pack of Lenses are the 24mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4 and the 70~200mm 2.8 ... OK what other lenses should I be looking at getting? Example for taking close up of flowers and insects?

Last edited:
OK I will look in to that about the lenses.

OK I see the Wedding Pack of Lenses are the 24mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4 and the 70~200mm 2.8 ... OK what other lenses should I be looking at getting? Example for taking close up of flowers and insects?

If I remember correctly, your going to need a micro/macro lens, I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 100mm, I'm not an expert, but I believe that those are the basics of what you want for a macro lens. I also highly consider getting a flash, I hear the new SB-910 is really nice, it's the latest model if I'm not mistaken.

For the 50mm f1.4, check reviews vs the f1.8 version, depending on what you want the 1.4 might not be what you want, you should also definitely try them before buying.

Choosing the D600 is a pretty good choice, who knows you might actually like it a lot and keep it for a good while.

I'm sorry you had to live with Australians..my condolences...

I am an Australian. Tell the Truth, British/Sicilian born in Australia, but since my early 20's been working and living out side of Australia ... Moved to Japan in 2003 for good.

If I remember correctly, your going to need a micro/macro lens, I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 100mm, I'm not an expert, but I believe that those are the basics of what you want for a macro lens. I also highly consider getting a flash, I hear the new SB-910 is really nice, it's the latest model if I'm not mistaken.

For the 50mm f1.4, check reviews vs the f1.8 version, depending on what you want the 1.4 might not be what you want, you should also definitely try them before buying.

Choosing the D600 is a pretty good choice, who knows you might actually like it a lot and keep it for a good while.

OK micro/macro lens, flashes I am looking at a few including a slave.

I will keep the P510 & the D600 when I decided to go for the D800 and later on the D4 ... Will not sell them as I would not get anything for them, things change with in 6 months here in Japan and once the old is out you get nothing for it.

keep in mind that the kit of lenses I said are what I personally would love to have if I was shooting with an fx camera and has a big budget, depending on what you shoot that could change. Some people would say the trinitiy, the nikon 10-24mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm, all 2.8. Completely dependent on the photographer

Most reactions

Back