Nikkor 28mm AFD - Wont work on DSLR??

Krim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
When i put my Nikkor 28mm AFD on a Nikon DSLR it wont fire or focus, and EE Error 09 shows on the display,,

whys that then??

Krim

:er:

is the aperture ring set to maximum and locked/clicked into place? if it isn't then it won't work

NK2828AFD.jpg

this may be an older lens but odds are the maximum aperture will be 22 as well

The older lense that were buit befor dslr were made are oftain uncompatable because the chips run on a diffrent formate (done so you have to by all new lenses) the only thing you can do is have it rechiped but its oftain cheeper and faster to buy a new lenses

Now that would be strange. Nikon claims that every CPU lens (all AF and AI-P) works on Nikon digital cameras in their handbook. I certainly would find it strange if it proved untrue. I also think the problem is the aperture ring which must be put to position 22 and then fixed there.
I also get the EE-error on my 50mm when not doing so. Don't know if it's 09 though, I don't see any numbers with it.

This is what i got told by the company that officaly rechips cannon lenses so i dont know if its the same for nikon or not just thought I would share my limited nolage on the matter

Thanks for replies, but its defo a new lens, its a 'D' one less than 2 yrs old, and its locked in to F22, maybe i'll have to send it to Nikon or Fixation. always worked fine on my F5, just ordered a D200, but not got it yet - it was on my friends D2x it wouldn't work??

Krim

:er:

Does it still work find on your F5? Does the D2x handbook say something about incompatibility of that special lens? Every tried it on another camera?
I'd say wait for your D200 and test it there (except you're at the border of a warranty period) if it still works on your F5.

Nikon really should start putting a little star at the end of "All lenses compatible" statement.

Polygon said:
Does it still work find on your F5? Does the D2x handbook say something about incompatibility of that special lens? Every tried it on another camera?
I'd say wait for your D200 and test it there (except you're at the border of a warranty period) if it still works on your F5.

I Sold the F5 12 Months ago, so havn't used the lenses for a while, was playing with the D2x to get used to it really, my friend also has an F100 so i'll try it on that tommorrow, I'd be very suprised if certain lenses work on the D2x and some don't, but i'll look into it..

Cheers Krim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back