Nikon AF Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Lens

mark4583

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was able to pick this up in the 2 ring version refurbished by Nikon for $399.00,, I have only shot a few times with it but so far it seems like a fantastic lens , The lens and optics are flawless, After looking at some of the price's of the 70-200 2.8, I think I save a chunk of $$$ and got a great lens also..

For a non-pro that is a GREAT deal.
Just keep in mind that you are limited to cameras with a body AF motor, so not the D3xxx or D5xxx cameras, and any new cameras that Nikon removed the body AF motor.

I should go browse the Nikon refurbs.
Then again, that might not be a good idea. I might find something that I just have to have ;)

Congratulations!

I was able to pick this up in the 2 ring version refurbished by Nikon for $399.00,, I have only shot a few times with it but so far it seems like a fantastic lens , The lens and optics are flawless, After looking at some of the price's of the 70-200 2.8, I think I save a chunk of $$$ and got a great lens also..

I had one and loved it. And that sounds like a great price. Let's hope it brings you nothing but joy and great shots.

I owned one and loved it. I made the mistake of selling it in favor of the original 70-200 VR and regretted it. Today, I have the 180mm F2.8D and I love it also.

I owned one and loved it. I made the mistake of selling it in favor of the original 70-200 VR and regretted it. Today, I have the 180mm F2.8D and I love it also.

I sold mine to get the 70-200 also. But I had the older push-pull version and I'm happier with the 70-200.

For a non-pro that is a GREAT deal.
Just keep in mind that you are limited to cameras with a body AF motor, so not the D3xxx or D5xxx cameras, and any new cameras that Nikon removed the body AF motor.

I should go browse the Nikon refurbs.
Then again, that might not be a good idea. I might find something that I just have to have ;)

You have it backwards, for a Pro (because it’s a Pro lens) it’s a great lens and it won’t work on “lesser” consumer cameras as they lack a AF motor.

You did great, the 80-200/2.8D is a solid lens and not prone to malfunctions like the newer AF-S versions.

Most reactions

Back