No craigslist biters, wait patiently?

Well, still having troubles. No one wants to buy my Tamron 15-30 for $1150 (Canadian), and no one wants to buy my filter + filter holder for $200 (Canadian). Even though the 15-30 costs easily at least $1500 Canadian, and the filter + filter holder costs a minimum of $450 Canadian. The D750 is an easy sell.

So, I think I may just keep my gear. If I keep coming down on price, I might only cut even after picking up a D7100 and ultrawide DX lens. Then it'd be like a 1:1 FX to DX downgrade for no reason.

Guess this means more hikes this December! Flickr account is going to get updated again :)

Well, still having troubles. No one wants to buy my Tamron 15-30 for $1150 (Canadian), and no one wants to buy my filter + filter holder for $200 (Canadian). Even though the 15-30 costs easily at least $1500 Canadian, and the filter + filter holder costs a minimum of $450 Canadian. The D750 is an easy sell.

So, I think I may just keep my gear. If I keep coming down on price, I might only cut even after picking up a D7100 and ultrawide DX lens. Then it'd be like a 1:1 FX to DX downgrade for no reason.

Guess this means more hikes this December! Flickr account is going to get updated again :)

Put it up as a bundle deal for your asking price and leave it there. Make it clear in the ad you won't split the bundle. If you get an offer or two, great, if not - well keep it.

If you have good glass keep it, thats my opinion. Sell the body that tech changes all the time not so much for lenses. A good lens is a good lens for a long time !!

If you have good glass keep it, thats my opinion. Sell the body that tech changes all the time not so much for lenses. A good lens is a good lens for a long time !!

Not so sure. I think mounts and tech is changing too fast. The actual glass is good, but the connectors, autofocus mechanisms, etc... those can go bad. Good glass like the Tamron 15-30 is awesome, but I could see so many issues with the lens if it just sits for years.

That all said, I'm keeping my gear. I am very angry about my D750 Err issue though, makes a sale unethical currently anyways. After the Christmas season I might send it in for repairs. It doesn't need them (Err message only occurs first shot of the day, and not every day), but I want to get the repairs done so I don't have that lingering as a possibility.

Most reactions

Back