Noob photographer. C&C Please!

Great shots!
I love the colors, and the clouds as well.
If you panned to the right, or re-composed the picture without those trees on the left side on the first picture, the composition would be better.

Great shots!
If you panned to the right, or re-composed the picture without those trees on the left side on the first picture, the composition would be better.

Composition??? What Composition? :) would you (or the OP) please explain to me how this is composed? What is the subject? What meaning does it have, and why do you feel it is interesting? Please!

The sky is pretty awesome and exposed correctly, but those big lights are distracting. Next time try to get to an area where there aren't big lights/poles that stick up and detract from the image.

As i said, i am very new to photography and shot these two photos with pretty much no prior photography knowledge.
And natalie, ill keep that in mind, i didnt purposly take the pic with the big lights in it, i was just on my way to class and snapped a few shots.
Thank you all for

..the comments and tips.
Sorry, i am on my phone and mistakenly hit send.

Great shots!

Composition??? What Composition? :) would you (or the OP) please explain to me how this is composed? What is the subject? What meaning does it have, and why do you feel it is interesting? Please!

Well on the second photo, the streetlamps are parallel to the edge of the clouds. I thought that bit was interesting.

Great job on these. I realize you wanted to get the sky and the colors it presented so perhaps your location options were limited. The colors are nice and the 2nd looks like a wave of clouds rolling across the sky. Not every photo has to be a money maker so take the 100% negative and sarcastic comments lightly.

Noobs C&C'ing Noobs! That's always entertaining!

OP- Ask yourself Cgipson's questions and think about the answers, in fact do this everytime you want to take a photograph of something. Now this doesn't mean you can't snap a shot of something cool you see but just realize that those are in fact "snapshots" vs. being a thought out and composed photograph.

Thanks diver_matt. And jterry85, thank you for the advice, i understand what you mean. I appreciate it and always am wanting to learn new things!

Noobs reminding them that even in a poor photo, there's something positive to be said. In all other hobbies (scuba, snowboarding, racing), never have soooo many been soooo eager to ONLY point out the negative. I've been a firearms trainer (CATM) for years and have seen people that couldn't hit a damn thing. At the end of the day, even if it's just the fact they're trying, we'd find something positive to encourage them. Jterry85, judging by you're location, you probably have been on the receiving end of that type of C&C (or as we call it, AAR).

P.S. Get back safely, bro.

Thank you all for the C&C. Negative, positive, or both. Yes i am new, and im not taking any of the c&c to heart, but using it to learn and grow in my hobby of photography. Thanks all.

Noobs reminding them that even in a poor photo, there's something positive to be said. In all other hobbies (scuba, snowboarding, racing), never have soooo many been soooo eager to ONLY point out the negative. I've been a firearms trainer (CATM) for years and have seen people that couldn't hit a damn thing. At the end of the day, even if it's just the fact they're trying, we'd find something positive to encourage them. Jterry85, judging by you're location, you probably have been on the receiving end of that type of C&C (or as we call it, AAR).

P.S. Get back safely, bro.

First off, this is NOT a reply just to argue with you (in fact I didn't even see your post until after I had posted mine). Just wanted to clear that up because I perfectly understand what you're saying and I've actually been telling my First Sergeant that the lack of postive reinforcement is killing the morale in our Company. However, I think the main reason there is so much negative C&C that gets pointed out is because so many people come on here posting their pictures after they get a lot of positive criticism and reinforcement from friends and families, so knowing this I think it is important to make sure the photographer is actually aware of the issues with the photo. Plus I know for me it makes me work a whole lot harder when I know they're nitpicking everything. I have still yet to win with these people! But one day... :D

newbs* not noobs* its short for newbie which is a word, not noobie which is not a word.

just having fun.

Nerd correction aside, I agree with a lot of what has been said, though after living in the country most of your life with an obsession with the sky you learn to appreciate certain color schemes and the clouds are absolutely beautiful. But those light poles and that fence really do detract from the clouds which I think should be the focus.

I think you did a good job of capturing the sky that time of the morning. Reminds me of some of my old 35mm Kodachromes. Like others have said, the light poles and backstop are distracting from that beautiful sky.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back