What's new

Nothing to Crow About

jeffashman25 1

Level 40 Squirrel Warrior
Joined
Mar 18, 2021
Messages
16,151
Reaction score
11,054
Location
The Colony, Texas, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was sitting at my desk working, and I heard the cawing of some crows. I grabbed my camera and got a few shots of this one sitting on the neighbor's chimney. One thing I noticed in the shots was a blue fringe underneath the body, and at the end of the tail feathers. I tried removing the "chormatic abberration" in Bridge, but all that did was change the color of the fringe, and not actually remove it. I thought maybe it was Topaz, so I omitted that step on my second go around, but it wasn't it either. All shots done with the TAMRON 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD on the EOS 90D.

1 f/6.3 1/1000 ISO 100 400mm cropped some excess blue sky
sep22202103 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 cropped second time
sep22202103b by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 ISO 320 cropped
sep22202104 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 cropped second time
sep22202104b by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
 
If you hadn't said it was there J I wouldn't have noticed it. I don't think it's CR, more likely some refracted or defracted light. Not a major issue I'd say.
 
If you hadn't said it was there J I wouldn't have noticed it. I don't think it's CR, more likely some refracted or defracted light. Not a major issue I'd say.
I may have just been zoomed in too far while I was working with the images. Thanks for looking!
 
Nice shots.....
Thanks!
-

Yes, that is fringing. My converter deals with that very well and my pixel
editor too but best is a HQ lens in the first place. Great iridescence IYAM!

:encouragement:
Thanks! HQ lens is out, as I am approaching retirement at warp speed, or it's approaching me. I've thought about pixel editing, but I'll have to add a few hours to my day for that kind of work. Maybe when I retire.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom