jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was sitting at my desk working, and I heard the cawing of some crows. I grabbed my camera and got a few shots of this one sitting on the neighbor's chimney. One thing I noticed in the shots was a blue fringe underneath the body, and at the end of the tail feathers. I tried removing the "chormatic abberration" in Bridge, but all that did was change the color of the fringe, and not actually remove it. I thought maybe it was Topaz, so I omitted that step on my second go around, but it wasn't it either. All shots done with the TAMRON 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD on the EOS 90D.

1 f/6.3 1/1000 ISO 100 400mm cropped some excess blue sky
sep22202103 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 cropped second time
sep22202103b by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 ISO 320 cropped
sep22202104 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 cropped second time
sep22202104b by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

If you hadn't said it was there J I wouldn't have noticed it. I don't think it's CR, more likely some refracted or defracted light. Not a major issue I'd say.

If you hadn't said it was there J I wouldn't have noticed it. I don't think it's CR, more likely some refracted or defracted light. Not a major issue I'd say.
I may have just been zoomed in too far while I was working with the images. Thanks for looking!

Nice shots.....
Thanks!
-

Yes, that is fringing. My converter deals with that very well and my pixel
editor too but best is a HQ lens in the first place. Great iridescence IYAM!

:encouragement:
Thanks! HQ lens is out, as I am approaching retirement at warp speed, or it's approaching me. I've thought about pixel editing, but I'll have to add a few hours to my day for that kind of work. Maybe when I retire.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back