Official upgrade issue thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo.... how do we know who liked/disliked the posts (or any of the other thingies that now can be attached to the post)? It seems there's a counter for each "attribute" but the person giving the like is no longer visible. Or am I missing something?

Who liked my post?

Yeah - we can see who liked a post in the Alerts, but then it only shows the like count on the post, but not who liked it. I preferred it when the post showed who liked it.

Reactions: pez
Sooo.... how do we know who liked/disliked the posts (or any of the other thingies that now can be attached to the post)? It seems there's a counter for each "attribute" but the person giving the like is no longer visible. Or am I missing something?

Likes show up as alerts.

Oh well, yet another forum has a new layout. One suggestion, though- it would be nice if there were a background color option. I like black or gray pages, as they are kinder to the eyes than the glaring white background. Or am I missing something...

Likes show up as alerts.

Ok, that's fine for one own posts. But I do "like" to see who liked other posts - which we could see in the old system.

What limr is saying, I think, is that we can no longer see who liked a post (anybody's post).

I think something a photography forum desperately needs is a "turn out the lights" feature. When you click on a photo, it should go dark gray all around and all focus should be on photo.

500px does this and it's really helpful.

I'm not sure if it's one of my settings, but it seems that when I first open a thread, it automatically scrolls down to the last post on the first page, or sometimes the middle post, then I have to scroll back up to read. Using Chrome on Windows 8 - I'll try another browser and see what happens.

I'm not sure if it's one of my settings, but it seems that when I first open a thread, it automatically scrolls down to the last post on the first page, or sometimes the middle post, then I have to scroll back up to read. Using Chrome on Windows 8 - I'll try another browser and see what happens.

Hmm.. let me check into that.

What limr is saying, I think, is that we can no longer see who liked a post (anybody's post).

You should be able to, in the post that is liked, you should see a "list" link. Click on that and it should pop up a window and show you who liked it.

liked-post.png

Hope that helps.

Yes, but can something like this be implemented on every thread?

Also, on the active topics page, there used to be an arrow after the numbers that jumped you to the last post in the thread, so you didn't have to scroll down.

Edit: Nevermind. Now you click on the time the last post was made it and it takes you right to the post.

Just an option to "view this photo on a dark background"

Viewing on white is the worst way to view photos and most major websites, facebook, 500px, fredmiranda, smugmug, zenfolio, etc include an option to click to view on black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back