Okay, wtf is with the new layout

Cool then I will work on mailing something out.

Once we finalize the membership package, we will post the mailing address. I would hold off until then, that way we can give you a complete list of the perks you'll be getting and a mock-up of the sticker.

Sure, keep fooling around with us old folks, I just learned there's a zipper fly on my pants and now you change the format.....your turn is coming soon.:lol:

Once we finalize the membership package, we will post the mailing address. I would hold off until then, that way we can give you a complete list of the perks you'll be getting and a mock-up of the sticker.
"membership package".....that doesn't give me a warm fuzzy

Someone show me a screenshot...

Everything looks the same as it always has (more or less). I don't see any of the stuff you guys are complaining about (I want to complain too...)

(BTW...That was a joke - complaining about not being able to complain; just though I should clear that up. I really don't see any difference though.)

Last edited:
well, some people left. I guess they had reasons. ...

so, what's the cost, and what does that cost provide that was not here before??

Well my eyes were shocked to say the least. Also you cant tell what threads you have posted in, there is no symbol. Also I would like to subscribe but, you use PayPal which I refuse to use. Will you give people like me another option?

What the hell? Refuse to use PayPal? Good God! What could be dumber? What's wrong with PayPal?

Besides what has already been said (move that left column)

The posts are too tall. After the big font name, and the bigger font title, there's the avatar, and 4 boxes that could easily be 4 lines of text and take half the room. It doesn't matter if someone posts a paragraph or 1 word, their post will be the same height...not exactly laptop friendly. (I'm currently on a 24" monitor, and it still seems too big, a lot of wasted space.)

Edit: Also, is there any way to have a drop down menu when you mouse over forum with links to contest, galleries, cafe tpf, etc?

Wow is right. It took me for a loop. I immediately jumped into my "USER CP" and found where to switch it back.
2. Move the left column to the right side.
I haven't made it through the entire thread yet.... The columns would be a major problem as this is a photo forum. It will leave enough room in threads to see a maximum of a 320x280 photo (generalizing here) without needing to scroll off the screen. That is a big problem in my opinion for on a photography forum. The columns have to go. Left columns or right columns, neither one works if you want to view a reasonably sized photo posted in a thread.

Though, if we can leave the old format up from within the "USER CP", then it really wouldn't matter to me. Would be a problem though with new users.

I will say, the look is a more "unprofessional" look as opposed to the old neat and tidy format. When I first pulled the forum up, I thought some kids had hijacked the site and uploaded their own freebie forum or something (not really, but that's what impression it gives.)

I hope I didn't offend with this. Just some feedback. EDIT: I had just thought of something. I started opening up the sections I read and some of the threads in tabs as I normally do and didn't notice if the columns were actually in the threads or not. That would make my comment above mute as it would not have an effect on photos posted in the threads. I still think it looks very amateur as opposed to the old one.

That's awesome! It sucks to open a new tab and have two session of TPF going in order to cut and paste the multiple quotes..
FYI, multiple quotes has always been there. It was clicking on the quotation mark button next to the QUOTE button on posts. Then the last post you want to quote, you hit the QUOTE button and all posts were quoted. No copy / pasting necessary.

Last edited:
Ahh... I finally see what all you guys are complaining about.

I have always used the "TPF Default" style, so nothing has changed for me. I agree that I don't like the new one - but I didn't like the one it replaced either. Just checked them all out - I still like the good ol' "TPF Default" best.

...You guys and your fancy forum skins. ;)

ekool... Get tired of SRTforums?

*edit*

also.. New layout.. I don't really care for it.

When you have a good formula.. why change it?

*edit edit*

Changed to a different skin.. that new crud was horrible. I just hope you don't decide to totally infest the site with ads like what happened on the SRTforums and then have to pay to get rid of them.

Thank god for firefox and adblocker.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back