Okay, wtf is with the new layout

We will be adding a lot of new features to the site and primarily our work will be done on making them work properly with the new layout first, and then the other optional layouts after that.

You can always switch back to the old layout if you wish in your User CP. However, what don't you like about the new layout?

It does not fit my screen, I have to side scroll everything to read. And that is just one thing I did not like, I have not even finished my preliminary sweep of the forum yet.

Ok, I do have to say that I very much like the fact that "New Posts" goes beyond 200 posts. Makes that part a lot easier.

Also I want the (old style) red back if nothing else. I tried setting it to V2 but....it gave me the new layout so I went with the Vb Default and I can't stand this blue. - Scratch that I found it...actually it was pointed out, but still.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add my voice that I think the new skin, well, sucks. It's ad-erific and even on my 30" monitor with a browser window set to default size I had to side-scroll. I thought there were supposed to be "good" changes happening, not an attempt to make this place more commercial.

Also, the 200+ post change was feedback I had been giving now for about a year. It happened yesterday. Before this new skin change, which has nothing to do with the 200+ post feedback now.

For Photo forum, I believe it is better if there are no left or right columns. Wider width for the post is better because of the photos.

As for the color . I do not know what color scheme other people see, but the one I am looking at is not too good.

It has black, white, cyan, crimson red, pink and pale blue plus some grey.

And the main colors ... I really have no clue. It could be black and crimson red (based on the logo), but I see a lot of blue, light blue as well ...
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Improvement is good ... I understand that under new ownership, something need to be change .. but .. oh well. :)

Also, the 200+ post change was feedback I had been giving now for about a year. It happened yesterday. Before this new skin change, which has nothing to do with the 200+ post feedback now.

Yeah I did not know when it happened but I was aware that it was not incorperated into the layout but I felt I needed some place to stick something positive about the change. I figured right after my complaint would be a sufficient place for it.

what perks does a subscriber get?

well for a start you get to read my fantastic jokes and as an added bonus you get to see the 'post a naked photo of yourself' thread :lol:

I can't see this new layout so I'm happy but the forum isn't allowing me to have an avatar so I'm sad

Yeah, I switched it back to TPF Default, neutral gray is good for photos. HOWEVER, the new portal or front page just flat out sucks, and you can't keep up with new topics anymore, just the most active ones, lousy. So much clutter, there was nothing, NOTHING wrong with the olde layout.

I feel so much more "at home" again with the TPF Default, and all my screen is now covered with "forum" and not only a part on the right, with the left being all empty once you scroll below the range of boxes that used to be (or for me now are again) a line at the top (which was much nicer!).

I would think that any additions to the package would be universal.
I can't think why existing subscribers would be left out - this is TPF renewing its membership bonuses - not renewing your mortgage ;)

Most reactions

Back