Old Stone House Mt. Carroll IL

Colors look a bit off... too much yellow I think.

Looks like a very neat subject, but the composition is kind of uninteresting. I would go back and look for some neat details and interesting angles. You might be able to do something with the inexplicable neat little pallets (sp) of bricks in front of the train wreck of a house, too... wonder what's up with that.

Just a tip, corner shots of buildings always look way better than dead-on against a straight wall. (in other words the position you took the pic from in 1 is far preferable to 2)

My guess is you could get a lot of cool shots there with some creativity.

Might wanna steal those bricks, too... they look like old brick. Old brick is worth a ton. :)

2734231180_8a25b267dc_o.jpg

This place will provide you hours of fun, and bags of photo opportunities. Of course your significant other and your friends will think you're looney, as you crawl through, looking for odd angles, interesting textures, unusual interactions of light and dark. I'm envious.

Might wanna steal those bricks, too... they look like old brick. Old brick is worth a ton. :)

I wouldn't suggest that at all. At that point you are nothing more than a common copper theif. Secondly, those are very historical and probably belong to the state or county, or feds if it is deemed on the historical registery. Hey, it's your conscience, but as the UE creed goes: "Take photos, leave only footprints".

BTW, nice photos just a bit too much saturation. Lower that and they will be easier on the eyes. Other than that, I love them.

I wouldn't suggest that at all. At that point you are nothing more than a common copper theif. Secondly, those are very historical and probably belong to the state or county, or feds if it is deemed on the historical registery. Hey, it's your conscience, but as the UE creed goes: "Take photos, leave only footprints".

BTW, nice photos just a bit too much saturation. Lower that and they will be easier on the eyes. Other than that, I love them.

Oh good lord, I believe I was joking.

Who is seriously going to steal bricks?

Oh good lord, I believe I was joking.

Who is seriously going to steal bricks?

Didn't know you were joking, sorry. But as far as stealing bricks...you'd be surprised. I've been in sites and found people stealing damn near the craziest crap....I saw one guy stealing old records out of a trash can, another stealing light bulbs....that were worthless in all rational, but took them anyways. Ah well, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Didn't know you were joking, sorry. But as far as stealing bricks...you'd be surprised. I've been in sites and found people stealing damn near the craziest crap....I saw one guy stealing old records out of a trash can, another stealing light bulbs....that were worthless in all rational, but took them anyways. Ah well, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
Ancient and honored :)lol:) human tradition. Amazing the Egyptian pyramids are still mostly there! One civilization leaves, the next on the scene uses the former's stuff. Drives archeologists mad.

I'm so relieved. I'd hate for humans to begin doing something like that! :lmao:

:lol:

Well, no question I'm sure some people might... but I guess I'm kinda thinking (hoping) it would be beneath the TPF community. They certainly are valuable... but I would personally find it more annoying to try to steal them than to just pay for them. :)

I mean seriously... I'm just picturing loading up backpack after backpack with bricks... and I'd still have to have room for my D300 and a couple lenses. ;)

Most reactions

Back