nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lately when going to car shows I pretty much stopped taking pictures of cars because it gets so repetitive so instead of being a photographer, I become a car enthusiast which I also am and I check out other peoples rides and talk shop, which luckily is kind of improving my speech impediment believe it or not...

Anyways! While I don't focus much on taking pictures at car shows, I do...of course carry my camera with me! Because why not? You never know. Just because you have a camera with you, doesn't mean you need to take pictures.

This picture of a Oldsmobile Super 88 was taken because I had my camera with me. The owner was leaving the show and stopped at the empty side of the parking lot for a second to get out and talk to someone which gave me an opportunity to take this picture which much less background distractions.

Yeah, it's not my greatest picture but I kind of like it and I'm a slight fan of the Super 88s, they look like a gangster car. I've always wanted one to turn into one. Paint it black, lower it down a little. Would be pretty rad!

Nikon D610 + 20 1.8G
f/2.8, 1/2000th, ISO 140

Nicely done, especially for a 'spur of the moment' capture.

Yeah I only had a couple minutes and then it was gone.

I took a side shot of it too. I don't like this one as much because he didn't park it parallel so everything looks kind of wonky, always the parking lot is not perfect, it's at a slight angle, the car also I think was jacked up a little in the back.

But I thought I'd share it anyways because, car.

Erwin-170827-14178.jpg

Very nice. Painted a couple back in the day with Sikkens Autocryl. I could slick that stuff out. A lot of guys had a hard time on those sharp body lines. Not me, get in close and move fast. I still get calls to paint cars or trucks.

Very nice. Painted a couple back in the day with Sikkens Autobase. I could slick that stuff out. A lot of guys had a hard time on those sharp body lines. Not me, get in close and move fast. I still get calls to paint cars or trucks.

I can see why, definitely not an easy car to paint.

Very nice. Painted a couple back in the day with Sikkens Autobase. I could slick that stuff out. A lot of guys had a hard time on those sharp body lines. Not me, get in close and move fast. I still get calls to paint cars or trucks.

Autocryl, not Autobase....

The best one I did was a 64 Celebrity Sedan Starfire 345hp Hydra-Matic converted into a two door.

The guy was a fantastic metal worker and body man (passed away). The doors were sooooooooo looooooong but straight and flat I painted "Baby Girl" back to the original color, Tahitian Yellow. Someone had painted it Robin egg blue and a bad job at that. He had the body dipped to remove the rust and took every panel / part off. I seem to recall he lowered it a little, which in the early 90's wasn't a big thing but really turned heads. I fondly recall putting it back together, I had to yell at him all the time, he was in such a hurry... don't mess with the gloss my brother.....He was such a good friend but initially a customer. We just spoke the same language back in the days when salesman (me) kicked cans and color matched paint, total earned customer service. The guys that could color match (me) were the top dogs in the field. We were revered for our skill because OEM had no quality control on color at the assembly line. I occasionally get calls to do a color match and I will if the pay is fair. I am being flown out to Brooklyn NY in October to customize a color that the manufacturer can't produce accurately with their own system. The body shop is so livid and I had to calm them down. This is a Bentley and have no clue how this vehicle ended up in this type of marketed shop. However, I am stoked to travel to Brooklyn on a weekend, free! I love teaching painters mostly, unless they're primodonnas. This kid is fired up, just hope he ain't color blind.

Autocryl, not Autobase....

I don't know anything about car painting. Haha.
Well I can help you with that. It is a requirement in car talk.

Most reactions

Back