OMG STREET PHOTOGRAPHY!!!111ONE

mal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.keeprolling.co.uk
womanbuildingsign.jpg

I get the impression that this woman dreads seeing that sign.

nolovechild.jpg

I wish the kid was a little closer. It'd make the photo much better.

minsterscaffoldingsilouhette.jpg

Crappy sky. I might photoshop a new one on.

minsterscaffolding.jpg

Testing the new wide angle lense.

oldwomenminster.jpg

I find that tourists looking at The Minster make better subjects than the building itself!

Nice series, Mal.
I don't quite agree with your interpretation of the first photo (selective colours = interesting effect!) - the woman cannot "dread to look at the sign" since she's coming from the opposite direction and only sees the back of it.
What I miss in that photo is any sign (real sign) of road works. If she had nearly tripped over something or almost fallen into a hole (not that I'd wish that upon her!!!!:shock: ), or if there'd been a mound of sand with a showel inside just like the sign, it would have added to the picture and given it a funny point.

In the second, the child may have been closer, I quite agree, but the "no love" on the wall and the red light behind the child's head (growing out of its head, actually) could - if you would want to say so - both mean the same. "No love - red light for love" (maybe?).

Are they working on the Minster yet again?
No use coming to York for a "touristy" series of photos then? (It's been a while... let me think: I was in York first and last in 1987! Were you even born then, Mal?)

Number 1 is my favorite. I enjoy seeing the street scenery and it holds my interest. I'd like to see the original, all-color shot. Could you please post it?

OMG! I seriously just fell out of my chair!! Hey Mal I don't think you're ever going to beleive this! I only just figured it out myself while I was talking to my sister at home via the net.
But I'm actually one of your cousins! Yay! It's me Victoria! and my sister Katherine actually just stayed with you for a few days. This is so cool. It's such a small world!

I was looking at your pictures up there and I was thinking ****e this first one is really good and then I looked to see who'd taken it and I saw "Mal" and I thought "Hey I have a cousin called Mal". Then I looked at where you live and it says York. and I thought "Hey, my cousing Mal lives in York, my sis was just there" But then I thought... "How many people called Mal would live in York?" And figured it must be a pretty small number. But then Kathi said that you were into photography, so a quick check of your profile and I fell out of my chair! he hee

Well nice to speak to you even though I never knew who you were! Say hi to everyone from me and I'll hopefully try to pop up to England before I leave in June.

BTW Great pictures mate. Love the first one and I actually like the sky in the third one. It makes it look like an old japanese painting.

LaFoto - yeah, the scaffolding shot is actually the scoffolding on the minster, although it only really covers that side, so there's plenty of photo fodder still to be had! As for the woman and the sign, I don't know if you have this stereotype where you're from, but in England, builders are known for harassing good looking women when they walk past, which was what I meant by the caption. Coming back to it, I don't like the selective colours at all, it's unecessary. I think I'll post the original all colour and an all B+W one when I get back onto my own computer.

Haha Victoria that's crazy! I can't believe I didn't make the connection what with the 'Victoria Wall and the fact that you're in Toulouse! It's funny, your sister said exactly the same thing about the sky in the third one!

Very nice set, I really like the fourth. :thumbup:

Nice series Mal. I like 1 and 2

Mal, I like your shots... especially the last one. I find turists more interesting than buildings too. And I like the amount of details in the photo with scaffolding... Oh gosh it's so high! And I like the first one. Was it black and white originally and you added colors or it was colorful and then you tuned it to black and white?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back