One Image for CC...

mrpink

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a bit out of my comfort zone... went through some older photos and stumbled across this. Not a huge fan of the odd crop size, but there was some background that just had to go.

Let me know what you think, if anything...

Norris Lake 2010 457ww by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

p!nK

I know many people will crush it because of all of the negetive space, but I tend to like shots like that. I think the negetive space with the bokeh acts as sort of an abstract piece of art in itself. Although it would have been better with a little less of the white splotches and more of the colored stuff. The DOF on the flower is good also. Nice work.

OK, you talked me into it. I like it.

Never been a big flower photographer, probably why it sat on my hard drive for so long.

It might make a good print, don't know if it will ever get that far though.

p!nK

OK, you talked me into it. I like it.

Never been a big flower photographer, probably why it sat on my hard drive for so long.

It might make a good print, don't know if it will ever get that far though. p!nK

black mat and orange thin metal frame to match the flower would be stunning :thumbup:

Usually the eye leads from left to right, so this one is the opposite, but it does work. I like the frame you have now, no introduced colors, it will play against, not with the orange.

a bit out of my comfort zone... went through some older photos and stumbled across this. Not a huge fan of the odd crop size, but there was some background that just had to go.

Let me know what you think, if anything...
Here are some artistic thoughts on the effective use of negative space: Principles of Good Design: Space, Art Lesson #8

Here is the link so you can download the pdf of a thesis on the same subject: https://ritdml.rit.edu/bitstream/handle/1850/4625/DLeeThesis06-2007.pdf?sequence=1

Just me, I like the flipped one better.

Usually the eye leads from left to right, so this one is the opposite, but it does work.

Not it's not. The opposite. The eye goes from left to right and ends on the flower. That's why it works.

I like starting somewhere I suppose.I went to the space first, then the flower.
On the edit, I go to the flower , which is the subject.
We all see it differently, thats why it works.:D

Usually the eye leads from left to right, so this one is the opposite, but it does work.

Not it's not. The opposite. The eye goes from left to right and ends on the flower. That's why it works.

I like starting somewhere I suppose.I went to the space first, then the flower.

That is good use of negative space.

most of us are trained to work left to right.

This works because start at little and pull you to the flower.

I feel it makes this simple image much more powerful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back