One of my favorites as of late.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. One more from me. This one's from a recent maternity session I did for a couple. A little different. The whole shoot was like that, actually. I'd love to hear what you think.

SAR_5513_Bw.jpg

Mark

I think it would be stronger is she was looking at him, but that is neither here nor there. Her look off into the distance seems unnatural with her pose. Just my opinion though.

The man has no body. Just floating head and arms :).
The position of her right hand does not look natural to me. Looks like it is dislocated.

The last one is my favorite. She looks great but he is showing zero emotion. I probably would have asked him to tilt or lean his head forward hers more. Kiss her forehead, brush back her hair, something to create that sense of connection

Yes, his lack of expression kills the shot.

Well, thanks everyone! His lack of emotion is exactly what I liked about it, to be honest. I liked it because there was something different about it. Something a bit vogue-esque. But, I do appreciate your critique, and I'd love to hear more if anyone would like to share.

Mark

She looks a bit like a dinosaur to me, not sure if I can explain why. I can sort of see what you were trying to do..

I like it. I think it conveys a bit of a "cold" feeling, but it works. I really like it

Add one more for the guys expression ruining the shots. He looks like he is at a funeral. That blank stare right at the camera is just...weird.

I like the last one. Not everyone lives in ideal situations. I get the feeling that she feels secure in her man's arms and he expresses "this is my family and no one should mess them"

The picture tells a story. Not the story I would want to tell but I guess the customer's opinion is the only one that counts.
The only thing I don't like about the photo is the bright things on her belly.

I think it's a great photograph. I do NOT think it's a great materinity photograph.

I suppose I should have mentioned that this wasn't supposed to be a typical maternity session. When I said "maternity session", I simply meant I was taking photos of a pregnant woman. This wasn't the style that the majority of her maternity shots were done in. But, I also don't think those were appropriate to share on this forum. This, however, was a shot that I liked as an artist, not a maternity photographer. So, the point you made is one that I should have made in the beginning of the post So, in short, it wasn't supposed to be a great maternity photograph. It was intended to be a good artistic photograph.

Mark

Most reactions

Back