Optique Pour Le Luxe

frozenotter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. Here's a few needing some of your input. Thanks much! :^)

1E8896E6214148788E4DBFB7A2691116.jpg

B3FDD37BA239413C8B4272391F5CE32A.jpg

850E7C763C4E4A0588CA68AC4621A412.jpg

Come on, you can let me have it. I can take the hits. :1219:

I’m not sure what I’m looking at with these images. What was your vision?

I see that the camera is pointed towards the snake skin(?), so I gather the camera is taking a photo of the skin? Optics for luxury, I see that across the image, but a camera and a snake skin don’t scream that to me.

The image is pretty dark. Of the two items, the snake skin is lighted better, but it’s not in focus. The camera is dark, but more in focus.

Ahhh...thanks much for taking your time. I seem to hear those words often. :02.47-tranquillity: The camera I borrowed from a felow photographer is supposed to be the luxurious optics item. It's quite luxurious to me anyway. It's supposed to be quite dark and moody. Seems people don't pick up the same vision that I do. How could I improve on this? Thanks much.

I'll jump in here. First, some psychology - the human eye is typically drawn to the brightest object in the shot. So, once I was able to see around the glaringly annoying and honestly unnecessary multiple watermarks, the brightest object in your shot is the snake skin. If that's your primary subject, you've lit it well. But you've stated otherwise, so that's the first issue.

Second, it's all a little detached for me between the snake skin and camera. Rather than putting one in front of the other, try laying the camera on the skin or wrapping the skin around the camera.

Third, don't confuse underexposed and lack of contrast with moody. You will actually need to increase your light selectively to increase the resulting shadows, thereby creating mood.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Back