Paging Paige - Matte Processing

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a few natural light shots that I thought would lend themselves to that matte processing.

Paige, if you ever see this, I'm curious how you go about your technique--they always turn out great.

Anyway, here's my attempt:

and this is how I would normally process it:

Last edited:
Im not sure I can see the difference? Possibly my screen or what am i missing

Im not sure I can see the difference? Possibly my screen or what am i missing

maybe viewed like this will help:

the blacks are literally clipped off at 8% and there's some other subtle split-toning and processing. The first shot lent itself a little better. First time trying to achieve the look, so why I'm looking for advice.

Thats weird on my desktop i cant see a thing, on my phone the 2nd one looks better to me personally (more vibrant)

Those are way dark, btw.
Paige's are usually bright.

Here's Paige's Flickr and why I called her out specifically: https://www.flickr.com/photos/paige_austin/

Those are way dark, btw.
Paige's are usually bright.

53754f8f527677530.jpg

Agreed... She has some amazing pics. Can we have a "Page" preset lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Paaaaagggeee.... Pllleeeesse

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

May I direct your attention to a little feature we have here called the "PM" or "Private Message" option available by left-mouse clicking on the member's screen name, and selecting "Private Message"... you know, if you want to make sure they see your question.

I didnt want to take this to pm nor limit any suggestions/technique from others.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I feel so special to be called out like this :lovey:. Thanks for the sweet comments.

As for processing, I do a lot actually. :D Here is a link to download my preset (LR)

This is pretty much my starting point. (preset) from there I will sometimes do a midtone bump in curves. Or if it is too dark bring up the shadows.

Last edited:
Thanks! Appreciated. Ill give it a go.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I feel so special to be called out like this :lovey:

As for processing, I do a lot actually. Do you want my preset? :D Here is a link to download (LR)

This is pretty much my starting point. (preset) from there I will sometimes do a midtone bump in curves. Or if it is too dark bring up the shadows.

I use Paige's edit and it is great!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back