What's new

Pain in the glass..

mishele

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
13,661
Reaction score
4,898
Location
In your dreams!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does the white at the top of the second vase take away from the shot? Or does it add? Or you don't give a snit?
8093847777_921474e448.jpg


Yes, I have to fix the crop...:blushing: I know.
 
Hmmmm, I like it, I think... But it seems to have a pink tone to the top? Or is that this damn computer I am stuck using till I get mine back?
I think I would print a quick home print and look at it that way to see if you like it.
 
The light at the top carries a lot visual weight. If this was your intent, you've succeeded. Everything else is uniform, and this one spot of the photo draws a lot of attention. Also, the large vase is slightly overlapping the vase with light at the top. Seems the rest of the glass doesn't make contact.

Great shot!
 
What he said! ^^ I like the shot. In fact, I REALLY like the shot, but I'm not sure I like that white-ish bit; I think it pulls the eye away a little too much.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Hmmmm....I was afraid that is what people were going to say. I'll have to play w/ that hot spot and see what I can do.:)
 
I don't know. It is too difficult to imagine it without, but my gut feel is it would be better. You need to make one without and one in between and see what grabs you.
 
I agree with the others--this would be an absolutely stunning photo if not for that hot spot. But I also agree with MLeek that the light at top seems to have a pink tone that's kind of incongruous with the color tone of the rest of the photo.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
The color is my fault...:confused: I will try to fix that as well!!
Thanks for the help guys!!
 
One other fix is the glass on the right ...it is tilted ever so slightly
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
You know what I have to say...F-uck that f-cking vase!! Been trying to fix it for 2 days...lol :banghead:
IMG_0753-1-122_zps8ec15a2d.jpg
 
I'd like the white spot if there was some reason it was there. It makes me wonder what's special about that vase.

I like the image.

Whether the white spot is a plus or a minus sort of depends on what you were trying to convey with it. If the answer was 'nothing', then it's probably a detraction.
 
I liked the first image better before the vase vanished. I liked that my eye was drawn to the white of the vase but maybe just not so drastic.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #13
My post w/ the vase gone was a joke...lol

Thanks guys for the comments. I still working on the changes.
 
You know what I have to say...F-uck that f-cking vase!! Been trying to fix it for 2 days...lol :banghead:
IMG_0753-1-122_zps8ec15a2d.jpg

And what about putting that round vase (*points to left one*) in the middle ?
You have 2 round vases by accident?

:)
 
Hmmm...I was having difficulty picturing the shot without that bright spot until I held some paper up to the screen and "cropped" from the top. At that point it's a nice image (I like how you alternate the light and dark glassware), but it lacks pop. I think the bright spot, being at the top of the tallest object, is appropriate. It may not have been your intent to make the tall vase the focus of the shot (kind of like a VIP overlooking peons), but it is a story to tell.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom