What's new

Pastel 5 (photographs of nothing)

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple days ago, unpopular and I had an interesting – albeit short – exchange of ideas on another thread about "photographs of nothing". It's been a while since I've shot abstract or semi-abstract imagery, so this weekend I set my mind on producing some. I'm not sure if all of these work as a series – the uneven processing says no – but they look kind of "orphaned" when viewed separately so I'm lumping them together here.

Hope you like.

I.
p324572393-4.jpg


II.
p302324543-4.jpg


III.
p555640788-4.jpg


IV.
p1007054343-4.jpg


V.
p485780662-4.jpg



Thanks for looking.
 
I really like these! I would totally buy them to hang in my house.
 
I and V appeal to me the most,at this small web size. Seen larger, all of them would have good stuff to reveal,slowly,I think.
 
#5 is my favorite, I think it's because it's the only one where all the lines flow the same way.
 
Joining the group on #5.. like it best.
 
#3 grabs me the most. I like the bit of water in the lower left and the track leading up over the ridge, although as Derrel said, one would need to spend some time with these.
 
One more fan of #5.
 
I really like number 3 and number 5, and will give the slight edge to 5 as it almost seems unnatural how clean the lines are.

I do have a question, this looks vaguely familiar, any chance this was taken close to Calgary off the transcanada?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom