Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

She’s adorable. That bow!!! I do miss those days.
Thank you! This age is so much fun (minus the tantrums). I don’t think I’ve ever laughed this much in my life, and I never realized that toddlers were so funny.

What a cutie. She and I are both using Crayola paints! I'm glad I picked the set recommended by pros!
Thank you! Haha. Just be careful with some of her other recommendations. Sometimes they’re not fully thought out...

Some kids do have a great sense of humor at an early age. They can be super silly as well. And yes the tantrums are hell, especially when you have a Princess.

Thank you! This age is so much fun (minus the tantrums). I don’t think I’ve ever laughed this much in my life, and I never realized that toddlers were so funny.

What a cutie. She and I are both using Crayola paints! I'm glad I picked the set recommended by pros!
Thank you! Haha. Just be careful with some of her other recommendations. Sometimes they’re not fully thought out...

Some kids do have a great sense of humor at an early age. They can be super silly as well. And yes the tantrums are hell, especially when you have a Princess.
She has all the above. Haha. Hell describes her tantrums perfectly (and unfortunately)

She has all the above. Haha. Hell describes her tantrums perfectly (and unfortunately)
I know someone who had a little sign at her desk: "51% Sweetheart, 49% B!tc#. Don't Push It."

I usually reserve this meme for my bitches but I’ll have to share it with you all now.

8F52418C-70ED-4A22-BEA4-A240CCD1C61E.jpeg

I finally pulled together a few minutes to do something. I never intended this to be monochrome, much less charcoal, so I’ll call it a study. I’ll remake it in a larger size, but will probably stay with charcoal/graphite.

This in one of the tourism sailing ships in Maine, heading Northeast towards Casco Bay; Portland is in the background.

460FA573-F1F2-478C-84FD-7C3CEE91BB00.jpeg

Oh I love the loose style of that one!

Oh, I just love this, Charlie! I love the look of charcoal. :586: Agree with Sharon, this has a great loose feel to it. Your lines show movement in the sails and clouds. Lovely!

A larger version would be cool!

Charlie, same to the above comments, the style of that is awesome!

Still a WIP, but here’s what I have so far with my next portrait.

3DF661DD-C705-4AB9-96D0-7989AAFC32C7.jpeg

I like your portrait so far, Charlie! Now, is this all graphite at this point, or is there charcoal here, too?

I like your portrait so far, Charlie! Now, is this all graphite at this point, or is there charcoal here, too?
I think you mean Wade.

Last edited:
Not exactly a copy but inspired by a watercolor canvas that my mom has on her wall. Artist unknown. I wish I had made the water line a bit lower. I’m not fully happy with the colors. I may attempt this again with purple instead of yellow.

374E955D-58DA-4C62-B256-74D4638F3900.jpeg

I think you mead Wade.
:lol: I absolutely did! Apologies, @waday - this is what I get for being in a hurry. Charlie posted right after you posted the portrait, and I saw it wrong.

So, this is likely all graphite, since I don't recall you using charcoal? Are you thinking of adding color later?

Not exactly a copy but inspired by a watercolor canvas that my mom has on her wall. Artist unknown. I wish I had made the water line a bit lower. I’m not fully happy with the colors. I may attempt this again with purple instead of yellow.

View attachment 196587
Or orange to play off the blue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back