- Joined
- Sep 2, 2003
- Messages
- 36,821
- Reaction score
- 9,618
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
- Admin 🛠️
- #1,051
Brilliant! Your cherry blossoms look so delicate. I like your background, you did just fine without having the same colors from the tutorial.sorry Terri - i had to paint another one - now you’re really going to have to step it up. I think I’m a bit obsessed with painting cherry blossoms right now. This one is from a tutorial on YouTube. I wanted to try an “atmospheric” background. I didn’t have indigo so tried to make my own with pthalo blue and Payne’s grey. I didn’t go dark enough. But I’m happy with the flowers - I like the white with the darker stamens.
View attachment 273651
I hope to finish mine tomorrow. I ended up with a strange composition from mashing together a couple of ref photos, but I'll get it done.
It's great to be playing with the oil pastels again, despite being so out of practice!
And after awhile I realized that I was just playing with my little crayons, looking at the pretty colors and not really aiming for anything anymore. So - she's done! Oh, details: 9x12" Pastelmat 
