What's new

Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

Hot mess or fun abstract? I can’t make up my mind. Definitely NOT what I had in my mind when I started out.

IMG_7707.webp
 
This is a mural I did in oil pastels a long, long, long time ago. It's a crappy image but all I have left after the hurricane.

my mural.jpg
 
Hot mess or fun abstract? I can’t make up my mind. Definitely NOT what I had in my mind when I started out.

View attachment 274286

I like this. Did you eversee the absract "swirly" flowers that Mischele posted, and my painted rendition?
 
Ink on plastic poster board. This one is fairly large compared to the tiles or small paper I usually paint on. The gold really shines in the light.

IMG_7718.webp
 
This is a mural I did in oil pastels a long, long, long time ago. It's a crappy image but all I have left after the hurricane.

View attachment 274288
Beautiful work! So sorry you no longer have this available. What was the size of the mural?
 
I like this. Did you eversee the absract "swirly" flowers that Mischele posted, and my painted rendition?
No, but go find it! :) I miss that girl. Would love to see both of these!
 
Dank je. I may lift the brown and try to make the tangerines look fresher, rather than rotting fruit.
Funny, I like the brown! :lol: Looks natural.
 
Hot mess or fun abstract? I can’t make up my mind. Definitely NOT what I had in my mind when I started out.

View attachment 274286
It's definitely not a hot mess. Beautiful palette!

About the only negative thing I can find is that it looks a little crowded up top. If the upper right flower wasn't there, it wouldn't be noticeable. I like the flowers going out of frame on the sides.

This looks like fun! I wish the camera could pick up that gold better. Love it!
 
I've got a sketch done. Pulling out the Prismacolors and possibly one or two of the Derwent Chromaflow.

I forgot how time consuming colored pencils are, especially for a non-sketcher like me. :lol:

20240424_122930.webp
 
I fixed the rot. I like this much better. Still damp (green stem) so curled paper.

IMG_E1174[2].webp
 
Off to a good start, terri.

Here's the acrylic/watercolor post. I can't find her oringinal posts (she did a few); I wonder if they were lost in the attack a while back. They would have been about 2014. She basically put a flower under water and took a shot as she swirled it.

I Painted Mishele's Thing
 
Last edited:
Off to a good start, terri.

Here's the acrylic/watercolor post. I can't find her oringinal posts (she did a few); I wonder if they were lost in the attack a while back. They would have been about 2014. She basically put a flower under water and took a shot as she swirled it.

I Painted Mishele's Thing
Hilarious thread! Bunch of pervs around here. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom