PC Build for editing & storage

UlisesG1284

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. Started a PC build for the purpose editing & storing my pictures. I will be installing Photoshop Elements 11 to edit. Wanted some input to see if what I have will serve this purpose or if I should be exchanging some of these parts. I am completely new to all of this. I picked up my camera last year and am still learning a lot.

MB: Asus P8Z77-V
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR3 1600
Primary Hard Drive: OC Z VTX4 128GB SSD
Secondary Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2T Drive
Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-1
PSU: Thermaltake TR-500

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

I would add a decent video card to that list! ;)

cgipson1 said:

Any minimum specs I should be looking at? I was under the impression that since I don't plan on doing any video editing I would be ok without one.

cgipson1 said:

Any minimum specs I should be looking at? I was under the impression that since I don't plan on doing any video editing I would be ok without one.

Are you going to be using photoshop? If so, a decent video card will help with some things... as Photoshop will use hardware acceleration

$vid.jpg

I'd get a five in one card reader to slip in that 3.5 slot under the two usb ports. specs all look good, never used an asus board but I'm sure it will be more than capable.

I use onboard video now, recently switched from a video card that was adobe recommended for photoshop, and I literally see 0 difference in photoshop or vegas editing.

Guess I'm going to have to look for a decent video card and of ccourse order my 27" Dell IPS Panel Monitor.

Thanks for the feedback.

Your processor has Intel HD4000 Integrated Graphics. In your situation, I would not bother with the video card.

Onboard memory cards generally have something like 100mb to 256mb of video memory. Some don't even have dedicated memory. They just allocate RAM to either data reading/writing, or video, whichever needs it.

It's generally not the best option for photo or video editing, but if it works for you then more power to ya lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back