pentax k1000 vs canon ae-1

thanks for the reply, if the battery is dead, is the light meter always stuck in the center?

Yes. It uses one LR44 or equivalent button cell battery which is inexpensive and easy to find. If you keep a lens cap on your camera when not in use the battery will last a long time.
got it! i'll keep that in mind if i decide to get the camera from this seller thanks!

thanks so much for explaining it, yeah i guess it shouldn't be a deal breaker. im desperate for this camera but the prices are so steep here in italy so im still waiting to see if i win 480sparky's giveaway LOL :1219: or if i keep looking and can find a better deal

@lkk99 I just saw that Sparky's K1000 is going to someone else :( I was keeping an eye on that as well for a reason. If you didn't get that camera, I wanted to step in with one of my own. I have an extra K1000 that I would like to offer you. The camera will be free and we can work out an arrangement on the shipping. What do you think? :)

@limr
thanks so much for explaining it, yeah i guess it shouldn't be a deal breaker. im desperate for this camera but the prices are so steep here in italy so im still waiting to see if i win 480sparky's giveaway LOL :1219: or if i keep looking and can find a better deal

@lkk99 I just saw that Sparky's K1000 is going to someone else :( I was keeping an eye on that as well for a reason. If you didn't get that camera, I wanted to step in with one of my own. I have an extra K1000 that I would like to offer you. The camera will be free and we can work out an arrangement on the shipping. What do you think? :)
@limr omg!!! :1219: that would be amazing!! i just woke up right now and i had to read that twice to make sure i didn't misread that hahahaha! if you really don't mind doing that for me i would be so grateful! of course shipping and all that i would pay for of course! :586: ahhh thank you so much
:bouncingsmileys:

@limr

@limr omg!!! :1219: that would be amazing!! i just woke up right now and i had to read that twice to make sure i didn't misread that hahahaha! if you really don't mind doing that for me i would be so grateful! of course shipping and all that i would pay for of course! :586: ahhh thank you so much

More than happy to help. I bought my K1000 in 1993 and she's been with me ever since. I love the camera and I feel like the extra one I acquired will have a good home with you. I'm going to run a quick roll through it, just to make sure it's all in working order and to remember if it had any quirks. It's in excellent shape and very clean, and it comes with an SMC Pentax 50mm f2 lens. We can work out the details regarding shipping via PM.

Merry Christmas :)

@limr

More than happy to help. I bought my K1000 in 1993 and she's been with me ever since. I love the camera and I feel like the extra one I acquired will have a good home with you. I'm going to run a quick roll through it, just to make sure it's all in working order and to remember if it had any quirks. It's in excellent shape and very clean, and it comes with an SMC Pentax 50mm f2 lens. We can work out the details regarding shipping via PM.

Merry Christmas :)

AhHHHhhh seriously thanks so much!!!! everything sounds great :D camera seems amazing, been watching videos of it for the past few weeks can't believe i can finally get my hands on one! yep yep! we shall, Merry Christmas to you too! :586:

Most reactions

Back