Perfect Shots

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by hombredelmar, Sep 22, 2014.

1. hombredelmar

hombredelmar No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  2. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    we posted about her before a year ago in a few threads...

3. sscarmack

sscarmack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Well this is the first time I'm seeing them. They seemed awesome, I wouldn't say 'perfect'. I really don't think there is such a thing, as everything has imperfections.

Very nice photographs though, a lot of good stuff in there.

4. Braineack

Photos OK to edit
    yeah her composites are pretty good, but not without obvious flaws.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hombredelmar

hombredelmar No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I believe she was a painter before she became a photographer so she really understands how to bring dimensions to her photos and of cause she exercises power of lighting

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Stacy Morin

Stacy Morin TPF Noob!

Being a Newbie to this Forum, I would love to know the obvious flaws because I though these pictures were amazing-I had seen them before on a FB link. Wanting to learn....

• Like Like x 1
  7. enzodm

enzodm No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I too do not see obvious flaws: her pictures give great emotions. By the way, she is an architect, draws scenes in advance and thus posing is part of the preparation work.
    The only thing I do not like much is the marketing trick of "russian mother", "natural light", etc. This is not a MWAC: she is a good pro photographer, with great post processing skills (that include using modifiers and artificial light, many shots for one picture, adding fake snow and water circles, etc).

8. Braineack

Photos OK to edit
    The shot with the kid holding a shovel looking at the cat: She either chopped both them into the scene or at least the cat. She also added a blur to the background that looks poor at best; look at the kid's foot.

That first shot: she blended a bunch of images of the same scene to create her backdrop. the tire tracks are on the wrong perspective. You can see them again in the second shot where they lead into woods, so she created a long dirt road that goes off into the distance. If you look at the very bottom of the frame it shows a bunch of blurry opaque leaves to create the foreground she wanted, but it doesn't blend well and the right side of the foreground looks obviously faked where it blends into the tire tracks and poor executed.

The shot with the kid in the window she enlarged her watermark and put it over the spot where her blending was poor for her composite, I'm assuming in an attempt to hide it.

stuff like that.

9. Stacy Morin

Stacy Morin TPF Noob!

I like em-I don't have the eye you have Braineack or the experience I guess. I thought they were beautiful Art. Mabe one day I will be able to see all the flaws, but that thought makes me kind of sad too :-(

10. Braineack

Photos OK to edit
    nothing wrong with them being composites. But one shouldn't expect to be able to recreate the majority of these in camera alone.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stacy Morin

Stacy Morin TPF Noob!

Oh I agree there! I wouldn't mind having her skills in post processing too!!! :1247:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit

Understatement of the day. This is HEAVY Photoshop work in action,and she's pretty good at it. This is what is called photo-illustration. So, work on those compositing, layering, and other PS skills! she is an "artist with a camera" and "an artist with post-production software techniques". She creates beautiful,sentimental works, in the late 19th century/early 20th century tradition of using a camera to capture original source material, and then using any and all photo-manipulation methods to create the final images. COntrary to common misconception, this type of photographic work, work that uses more than one original image but is passed off as being "real", actually pre-dates Photoshop by well over 100 years. Multi-image montage work was actually a HUGE field back in the 1870's and 1880's, as photographic artists strived to create multi-negative images telling allegorical or fabled stories and thematic or theatrical images using MULTIPLE negatives that were cleverly printed in sequence to make amazing, final prints! Jerry Uelsmann continued this tradition for many years.

Jerry Uelsmann and Maggie Taylor Film Trailer | lynda.com

• Informative Informative x 1