Phobias

Spiders... the big ones!

i have a slight distaste for heights and confined spaces, but i do my best to control my fears, i don't like being afraid of something, so I challenge myself to quit being a wimp and just do it. the hardest one recently was the MRI, man that was terrifying - i didn't freak out but definitely the longest 20 minutes of my life...

also when i was younger i wasn't afraid of the elevator, but the escalator! i was afraid my shoelaces were going to get caught in the thing and it would suck up my foot, leg, and who knows how much before it jammed and they had to surgically remove my bloody stump of a leg... oh and those little drainage grates in parking lots and manhole covers, i wouldn't walk on them for fear of falling through...

JTHphoto said:
i have a slight distaste for heights and confined spaces, but i do my best to control my fears, i don't like being afraid of something, so I challenge myself to quit being a wimp and just do it. the hardest one recently was the MRI, man that was terrifying, but i didn't freak out but definitely the longest 20 minutes of my life...

also when i was younger i wasn't afraid of the elevator, but the escalator! i was afraid my shoelaces were going to get caught in the thing and it would suck up my foot, leg, and who knows how much before it jammed and they had to surgically remove my bloody stump of a leg... oh and those little drainage grates in parking lots and manhole covers, i wouldn't walk on them for fear of falling through...

Just by reading that sentence, I am now afraid of escalators! :lol:

I have emetophobia, basically a fear of throwing up. given a choice i'd rather die than throw up (i actually did that in a dream, no joke). so naturally it leads to a somewhat OCD obsession with expiration dates on food. i absolutely HAVE to know the date on food i eat if i can find out. cuz i feel like i'll get food poisoning if i don't. so also i'm paranoid about eating at restaurants. ugh, it really sucks. i can handle other people throwing up as long as it's not near me/on me and i don't have to listen to that gagging sound *shivers*

Okay Raven ... the best way to overcome a fear is to face it ... look deep into my avatar .... it's just a picture ... it's not a kindergarten teacher gone rogue ... it's ... it's ... :pale:

Oh, heck yeah ... it's creepy ... dang, so is yours, Mistress Calliopallie ... YUCK! :stun:

Never knew how much I hated clowns, too.

Can we have phobias of Lord of the Rings for tomorrow? I could soooo go for having Aragorn as my av for a while ... and I know Raven will do Legolas as hers ... :clap:

Any takers on Gandalf? :shock: :lol:

slickhare said:
I have emetophobia, basically a fear of throwing up. given a choice i'd rather die than throw up (i actually did that in a dream, no joke). so naturally it leads to a somewhat OCD obsession with expiration dates on food. i absolutely HAVE to know the date on food i eat if i can find out. cuz i feel like i'll get food poisoning if i don't. so also i'm paranoid about eating at restaurants. ugh, it really sucks. i can handle other people throwing up as long as it's not near me/on me and i don't have to listen to that gagging sound *shivers*

I am soooooooooo with you on this one! I'll do whatever it takes not to hurl ... I'm also a sympathetic puker ...

Heights, spiders, female drivers, butter, roller coasters and throwing up! I wouldn't rather die that throw up, but I get so scared about throwing up it's untrue. I haven't been sick in like 7 years.

Rob said:
I am scared of intermediate heights where there is a sense of perspective. I can fly in planes and helicopters fine, but a diving board that's near the ceiling or an escalator in a shopping centre FREAK me big time.

Rob

i agree i find it even worse if i look up..

anicole said:
Okay Raven ... the best way to overcome a fear is to face it ... look deep into my avatar .... it's just a picture ... it's not a kindergarten teacher gone rogue ... it's ... it's ... :pale:

Oh, heck yeah ... it's creepy ... dang, so is yours, Mistress Calliopallie ... YUCK! :stun:

Never knew how much I hated clowns, too.

Can we have phobias of Lord of the Rings for tomorrow? I could soooo go for having Aragorn as my av for a while ... and I know Raven will do Legolas as hers ... :clap:

Any takers on Gandalf? :shock: :lol:

I feel your pain! I'm sitting here staring at my avatar trying to overcome but it just keeps staring back at me... I think it's winning! I also plan on sleeping in a coffin tonight to get over my claustrophobia!

me too.. i am trying to keep from freekin too much...

but i kinda like the way mine has done his make up..........(thats scary...)

tomorrow is lord of the rings...!!

Calliope said:
I feel your pain! I'm sitting here staring at my avatar trying to overcome but it just keeps staring back at me... I think it's winning! I also plan on sleeping in a coffin tonight to get over my claustrophobia!

Raven's got one with windows she'll letcha use!

I may be able to look at the clown today for a bit ... but I'm still not giving up my covers tonight ... or getting too far off the ground ...

LOTR tomorrow?!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back