phone call

Would you answer?

• Sure, why not?

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Never.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I would answer, because it could be my ex brother-in-law.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just received a telephone solicitation call from a number in Austin, MN.

(Gee, I wonder who could be calling me from Austin?)

(me); "Hello?"

(..silence...)

(me again); "Who is calling, please?"

(caller); uhhh... Spam?

I stay on the phone as long as possible with scam calls. It entertains me, waste their time and now I get less scam calls. You can be whoever you want to be, just make sure you waste of much of their time as possible.
*Not guaranteed to work for you in your particular situation, it's just something I enjoy.

Last edited:
I get text messages all the time wanting to hire me. I recognize it as a credit card fraud right from the get-go. So I play stupid and go along. They claim to have just bought a house and need some work done,and almost immediately (which, is part of the script) ask whether I accept plastic.

In the end, I am given what I know to be stolen CC info. I then call the issuer and report it, which at least takes one CC away from the scammer.

I get so many spam calls that I no longer answer any unknown number. If it’s important, they’ll leave a message.

I get so many spam calls that I no longer answer any unknown number. If it’s important, they’ll leave a message.
business owner, must answer all calls.

Answer call, but say nothing. If you hear nothing, it's a robocaller waiting for "Hello?". Otherwise, you can hear the boiler-room operation in the background.

*click*.

If it's a genuine customer, they'll say something.

I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. It could be spam. Or worse - it could be someone I know and then I would have to make conversation on the phone. *shudder*

Answer call, but say nothing. If you hear nothing, it's a robocaller waiting for "Hello?". Otherwise, you can hear the boiler-room operation in the background.

*click*.

If it's a genuine customer, they'll say something.
I'm a gluten for punishment. I like to try and get connected to a real person.
Honestly, it has substantially reduced the number of calls. If I'm really bored I look forward to one.

Unless it's a number from an area where it's not likely someone's calling to hire me or I don't know anyone.

Unless it's a number from an area where it's not likely someone's calling to hire me or I don't know anyone.

The problem with using the area code to screen calls is so many people use cell phones now that area codes really don't indicate where someone is right now..... just where they were when they got their cell phone number.

Just yesterday I got a call from an area code 1200 miles away, and the work ended up being just 6 miles from my house.

The problem with using the area code to screen calls is so many people use cell phones now that area codes really don't indicate where someone is right now..... just where they were when they got their cell phone number.

Just yesterday I got a call from an area code 1200 miles away, and the work ended up being just 6 miles from my house.

Not to mention that a current spammer technique is to use the local area code for their robo call phone number. So it makes you think it might be someone you know but just don't have their number saved in the phone.

Not to mention that a current spammer technique is to use the local area code for their robo call phone number.
This has to be one of the most annoying and frustrating aspects. They spoof local numbers. Your own number may be used by them to scam others.

I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. It could be spam. Or worse - it could be someone I know and then I would have to make conversation on the phone. *shudder*

It's even worse when its that one member of the family who calls you up because they are bored hoping for you to provide them with around 1 hour or more of entertainment talking about life and stuff and what you've been doing and what they've been doing and blah blah...... At least with the scammer you can just hang up and not feel any guilt or suffer repercussions (aside from yet more annoying spam)

I find it a source of amusement in election years. During those times I make note of the politicians who use robocalls to hit my phone. With a little research I can find their office phone numbers, their home numbers, their families phone numbers, that I compile into a handy reference sheet. Then when the telemarketers call, I stop them midsentance and tell them "Hey I'm really interested and want to talk to you right now, but you called in on a work number, can you call me right back on my private number", then give them a number from my list.

I'm just one person spreading a little revenge, think how quick the politicians might act on stopping the nuisance if everyone did this.

Most reactions

Back