Photo at the Forest - Please C&C

Maxxam71

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys, I am looking for tips for better shooting and processing, thanks a lot.
maria.jpg

The only thing I don't like is the chin of the girl alligned to the line of the tree. Beside this a good image.

The only thing I don't like is the chin of the girl alligned to the line of the tree. Beside this a good image.

Wow, I did not noticed it, Thanks.

Your subject is jammed right up to and facing the right edge of the frame, and is looking up to what, we can't tell.

Last edited:
The background and surrounding areas are really distracting for me. I don't know if you went to far with the clarity slider or sharpening, but somewhere you went too far.

I like the blue jeans against the greenery.

Your subject is jammed right up to and facing the right edge of the frame, and is looking up to what, we can't tell.
I'm not much bothered that we can't see what she's looking at; I think that adds an element of mystery to the image, but it does bother me a great deal that she's so far image right with all that empty space behind her.

I like the post and the photo but it feels unbalanced. I am no expert but I was curious what it would look like cropped. I don't know, I am not sure what you were after artistically. I kind of see it this way from a painter's view because that angular limb seemed like a tail on the lady. I hope you don't mind, it does say it's ok to edit your photo's. I did a lazy crop just to see. Additionally, everything is pointing up, trees, girl looking... I see portrait.

maria.jpg

Last edited:
I think the reasoning was that big long tree stem to her left, which also gave the line for the leg.
But then, is the subject the girl, or the tree thing sticking up to her left?
Looks better with that tree thing cropped to me.

Could have tried a thinner DOF to OOF the background too.

Would like to know where this was taken. Look like some impressive bromeliads right behind her. Asia or Latin America?

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments, it really opened my eyes for some aspects.

Would like to know where this was taken. Look like some impressive bromeliads right behind her. Asia or Latin America?
Latin America, Brazil.

I like the post and the photo but it feels unbalanced. I am no expert but I was curious what it would look like cropped. I don't know, I am not sure what you were after artistically. I kind of see it this way from a painter's view because that angular limb seemed like a tail on the lady. I hope you don't mind, it does say it's ok to edit your photo's. I did a lazy crop just to see. Additionally, everything is pointing up, trees, girl looking... I see portrait.

View attachment 115547
I agree with @jcdeboever and will add that I would like to get more separation between the subject and the background - you can choose to underexpose, overexpose or blur the background.

Too mapped.

using tapatalk.

Welcome to the forum! :D
If you're in Brazil you should be able to get loads of photos that will be very interesting to the rest of us. I'll look forward to seeing more.
I visited Brazil briefly more than 40 years ago and loved it.

Also, I would try to correct her skin which appear a bit too greenish for my tastes.

I think this looks really cool! I think artistically having her on the right side is kind of neat. I would say to open the crop up a little bit though to give more space above her head and around her feet. The green tree thingy... try cloning it out? Oh, and I do agree about the parallel neck thing.

Otherwise, I think this is a very neat photo :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back