Photo bag for student

AlexColeman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am shooting for yearbook, and am looking for a good camera bag I can put afew school supplies, i.e. 1.5 inch binder, notebook, calculator, penpencil, and my camera, and a lens or flash. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I have the Lowepro Vertex 100AW (I think lol) I am able to take all the gear I have in my sig plus the binder, graphing calculator, notebook pens pencils and all the other crap with no problem. The only problem is that it pissed the people on the subway off because its as little big :p

I personally like Lowepro bags and I have several of them myself. They do make several different bags that will hold a laptop, camera gear and have some space for extra gear...although I don't know which ones would have enough space for a binder though. Maybe check out the 'Orion' series. They are a basic backpack with the camera storage in a compartment at the bottom. Lowepro - Camera
Another alternative would be to just get a smaller camera bag and put that inside a regular bag that otherwise meets your needs.

My suggestion for camera bags, is always to go into a well stocked camera store and see them for yourself. It's really hard to accurately judge the size of a bag over the internet.

picked up this bag recently (as a student) and I absolutely LOVE it...

it is large, but it holds EVERYTHING!

You didn't put laptop in your list of things you need to carry, so this may be overkill, but it is a great bag nonetheless.

Naneu Pro Urbangear U120 Backpack [662601] - $129.00 : PhotoVideo.com.au

(p.s. i didn't buy it from there, but they have the best images/video showing the bag)

I am really looking at the Lowepro CompuDaypack. It isn't too terribly expensive, it's relatively small and lightweight, but still has plenty of storage. It's biggest downside is that it won't hold a whole lot of gear I don't know what you need to carry there. But for me it is about the perfect size I just need to get to a store and check it out before I buy it.

Right now I have a SlingShot 100AW and I just don't like carrying around more than one bag at a time.

Those bags scream "Hey I have a ton of ****, please rob me. . ."

Something less conspicuous, and no less voluminous would be a messenger bag. I use a CHROME Metropolis bag, and the way the thing contours, you could not tell if I were carrying an expensive camera, or two-dozen eggs.

You could buy lowepro that opens in back, or just use a cloth grocery bag, no one will know the difference.

My suggestion for camera bags, is always to go into a well stocked camera store and see them for yourself. It's really hard to accurately judge the size of a bag over the internet.

+1
Seriously take all the gear you want to carry and find a good camera store to try it out in - otherwise your always risking getting a bag which is too small and might end up being uncomfortable to carry as well

Something less conspicuous, and no less voluminous would be a messenger bag. I use a CHROME Metropolis bag, and the way the thing contours, you could not tell if I were carrying an expensive camera, or two-dozen eggs.

do you keep the camera in some kind of case inside your bag?

i didn't want a camera bag either... tried just carrying it around in my messenger bag but got a little paranoid of something hitting it and it not being padded...

ended up getting a crumpler bag which isn't exactly what i want but for me is better than the alternatives...

do you keep the camera in some kind of case inside your bag?

i didn't want a camera bag either... tried just carrying it around in my messenger bag but got a little paranoid of something hitting it and it not being padded...

ended up getting a crumpler bag which isn't exactly what i want but for me is better than the alternatives...

I don't know. I just slide it into my bag with the body cap on and lens caps on my lens. Its usually sitting next to books and whatever else I need. I've not broken anything in my bag yet. Sure a dedicated camera bag would be better - to carry a camera. But then you want something multi-purpose. I like the messenger bag because it isn't advertising anything, has tons of space, and is weather proof.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back