photo club response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traveller is right the pic looks tilted.

Lots of equipment tells a story of randomness to me.

Better each of you chose one beloved special item. Possibly one rare item raising curiosity....

Back cap blending into BG. Gary is right.

my friend still is not well, i have to think about something light for him :( he is so happy with this photo

Turned out nice, hope your friend gets better soon.

i am pleased to say: more people have joined than i expected, small town and big enthusiasm:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was hard to start sandy photography club, now we have over 20 active members, we meet and doing good things about photography, we need volunteers- editors, graphic designers and your likes on facebook etc, may I count on you? Ken is getting better, still in hospital, crazy as always
IMG_2944.JPG

Hello, hello:)
we doing well as a Sandy Photography Club:
IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3724.JPG

Small town in UK; you are very welcome:)

This is great what you've been able to accomplish! :icon_thumbsup:

I wouldn't have known they were beginners from looking at their photos. You must be doing something right!

Good exposure and white balance on faces. I agree you need the entire heads and separation from the background either by light from back or light on the bg. Might consider lighter colored shirts and background. That would give some separation with the lenses and you from bg and be a less somber, more cheery, welcoming mood to attract members to a group. Great expressions that tell the viewer you are approachable and friendly and that is important if you want people to join your group. Bambi Cantrell said expression trumps perfection but then Jerry Ghionis pointed out that expression plus perfection trumps expression alone. The above poster is correct, with the faces the brightest, highest contrast, the eye is pulled there and they are the most important part of the frame. I would like to see the lenses a bit brighter as they aren't unimportant to the message and definitely at least have the ones closest to you sharp. That's just how I would do it, not the absolute right way, just my way. You might try that and see. Also, consider conversion to b & w.

some work from our last workshop:
IMG_3787.JPG

IMG_3785.JPG

more at:
Sandy Photography Club

thank you for visiting this thread[emoji4]
Carlos

another project done:

IMG_4830.jpg

and one of the work c&c very welcome:
IMG_4903.jpg